- Yonkers, NY
If you believe in building consumer power through engaging campaigns that push corporations to act responsibly and hold lawmakers accountable for prioritizing consumer rights, then join us at Consumer Reports.
As Campaign Manager, you’ll help us develop the strategies needed to win on critical consumer issues: protecting our online privacy and personal data, expanding internet access to low-income and rural communities, holding corporations and regulators accountable for safer food and products, and ensuring that everyone has a fair shot at a financial future free of unfair debt burdens.
You’ll do this by building strong partnerships with a broad range of organizations and networks, and collaborating with colleagues across CR to maximize our capacity to reach new, younger and more diverse audiences.
Some of our recent campaign victories include pushing fast food companies to adopt sustainable practices, passing reforms that protect a free and open internet, and winning safety improvements in cars and other products.
Inspired? Then we want to meet you.
This position is located in our Yonkers, New York headquarters or Washington D.C office.
What you will do
- Develop and lead campaigns that mobilize and empower people to advance our mission of creating a more fair and just marketplace
- Work across CR’s product testing, journalism, communications, policy, fundraising, and digital products teams to create and execute coordinated strategic campaign plans.
- Oversee budgets, project management meetings and internal communication.
- Build, manage and participate in large-scale coalitions.
- Identify partners and test strategies that will attract new members to help strengthen and diversify voices working for consumer protection.
- Formulate persuasive messages and campaign materials to engage consumers to take action based on research and analysis
- Identify success metrics for each campaign and provide oversight to ensure necessary tracking, delivery, pacing and optimization of campaign activities.
- Manage the design and development of campaign outreach tools including digital assets, videos, social media, emails, and other media.
- You have demonstrated experience and success planning, launching and monitoring advocacy campaigns based on a strong theory of change and potential to win, as well the ability to identify strategic opportunities to advance a campaign’s impact.
- Your deep passion for social change includes advancing consumer protections
- Your proven track record includes developing and managing successful legislative and/or corporate campaigns, particularly at large organizations
- You have a demonstrated ability to develop and manage campaigns that engage diverse communities
- You can effectively coordinate geographically dispersed teams
- You are willing to travel
Back to top