- Colchester, CT
Consumer Reports is seeking an Automotive Engineer to join us at our auto testing site in Colchester, CT! You'll need to bring your passion for cars, with knowledge and insights into the automotive industry and emerging technology. You'll take part in the evaluation of approximately 50 cars every year and work with other Auto Testers and Content, Video, and Communications departments to make the most of the findings.
Responsibilities include updating the cars database on an ongoing basis, and writing and reviewing automotive technical reports and videos for accuracy under deadlines. He/she will drive test cars daily and provide feedback regarding various aspects of the vehicle.
- Assists Associate Director, Auto Test in working with Test engineers, and Content to ensure up to date and correct data regarding running changes, specifications, crash test results and pricing in the CR database.
- Evaluates vehicles, contributes insights and writes concise testing reports.
- Flags current events and developments in the automotive industry and brings them to a group discussion to facilitate content development.
- Supports members of the Cars Content team by providing market data, automotive retail trends and insights to be integrated into content.
- Fact checks automotive data and content for accuracy.
- Assists in buying new test vehicles and tracking how each test vehicle is delivered.
- Checks and reviews copy for Consumer Reports Magazine, New Cars and Used Cars publications, CRO, and other automotive products.
- Can set up test equipment and be involved in vehicle dynamics test.
- Supports the Autos product team with knowledge of the automotive retail front.
- Supports CR efforts regarding data privacy in the context of autos.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Physics, Applied Science or equivalent.
- Strong preference for at least two years of experience in the automotive industry in a related vehicle-testing capacity or equivalent background.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with multi-media interaction including video is preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (including mastery of Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint) and Google Docs. Data analysis and presentation skills a plus.
- Must possess very strong organizational skills, attention to detail, the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work within deadlines.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
Back to top