Assistant Policy Analyst
Supports Advocacy department with research and writing draft reports, responses and stories to engage consumers and legislature around financial policy issues such as education debt and financial technology.
Bachelor's degree with prior experience working in a legislative or regulatory environment. Strong analytical skills and excellent communications skills required including the ability to translate complex ideas into understandable written and oral statements. Able to work with individuals, groups and organizations across the political spectrum and build effective working relationships. Knowledge of and/or interest in financial policy strongly preferred.
- Researches issues and drafts testimony, reports, fact sheets and other supportive materials for CR's advocacy.
- Recommends actions on relevant policy issues and suggests legislative and political strategies to attain projected policy outcomes.
- Supports the advocacy activities before Congress and governmental agencies, including preparation for meetings with key members and testifying before committees.
- Supports relationships with public interest and media/communications industry contacts; attends meetings and participates in conference calls.
- In coordination with media advisors, develops media contacts and may draft responses to media inquiries.
Meet Some of Consumer Reports's Employees
Seema P.Quality Assurance Manager
Seema works in IT, managing a QA Team tasked with optimizing CR’s website and ensuring an error free experience for visitors to CR.org.
Back to top