Advocacy Digital Manager
Consumer Reports has spent the last 80 years advancing the rights of citizens, consumers, and families. We've passed key legislation, removed harmful products from the market, and held corporations to account. Through our top-10 magazine, large digital presence, comprehensive product testing, extensive policy expertise, and 7M+ community members, we fight for a safe, fair, and equitable market for everyone.
As a Manager of Digital Campaigns, you'll work alongside campaign managers, policy experts, lobbyists, and communications staff to organize on issues including food safety, privacy and data tracking, debt and credit reform, corporate accountability, and more.
You will be responsible for developing strategies and actions that rally our base to action and empower them to win big victories through coordinated efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, or experience equivalent.
- Experience managing a large list of constituents, particularly membership programs.
- Expertise with a range of digital campaign tools and tactics.
- Knowledge of trends of digital organizing, and of best practices for communicating via email, social, and other digital channels.
- Proficiency using digital CMS or CRM, experience with NationBuilder strongly preferred but not required.
- Project management experience and the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated success working in a cross-functional or matrixed organization with the ability to collaborate and build consensus with various stakeholders.
- Expand and engage CR's mobilization base, beginning with our current 1.6M community, then developing new strategies for deepening our engagement online and offline.
- Work closely with marketing, fundraising and product team members on strategy, membership recruitment, design and user experience.
- Manage campaigns and lists in CR's mobilization database (NationBuilder) and lead email campaign list selection and segmentation.
- Support campaign, organizer, and community development team members in brainstorming campaigns, messaging, and tactics around CR's initiatives. Assist in monitoring of rapid response opportunities based on campaign developments.
- Develop a roadmap for the mobilization team, such as developing opportunities for testing and growth.
- Understand and apply data analytics related to the campaign email list, website, and social channels to improve the effectiveness of the campaign.
- Track and compile digital, email and social networking analytics.
- Direct staff and outside vendors toward executing digital goals and strategies.
- Communicate regularly with Nationbuilder staff on shared goals and priorities.
Back to top