HARVEST CELLAR WORKER: Quarry Lake Winery, Sonoma
We're the producers, creators and marketers of beer, wine and spirts brands that people love. At Constellation Brands, we're driven to push boundaries and think beyond today to deliver products and experiences that resonate now, tomorrow and well into the future. Because of this approach, we're the fastest-growing large CPG company in the U.S. at retail, with operations in the U.S., Mexico, New Zealand and Italy. Our premium portfolio of iconic brands like Corona Extra, Modelo Especial, Kim Crawford, Robert Mondavi, Meiomi, The Prisoner, SVEDKA Vodka, High West Whiskey, and more drive industry-leading growth for us today. But we're just getting started. Our ability to stay on the forefront of consumer trends has fueled our success since our founding in 1945 and will guide us in creating the next generation of products and experiences Worth Reaching For.
As a harvest cellar worker, you will work side by side with cellar staff in grape and wine processing and finishing operations. You will assist in crushing, fermentation, blending, barrel aging, finishing and storage of all products produced at the winery. This position is seasonal and is expected to last from August - November. This position is eligible for overtime.
- Clean, sanitize and sterilize equipment, apply general housekeeping practices, carry out reductive handling/Non-Oxidative techniques, carry out the shoveling out tanks, measuring and calculating routine workplace data.
- Carry out product transfer operations, operate the red fermenter pump over or punch down equipment, carry out bulk wine shipping and receiving operations, prepare and make additions/ finings and SO2 adds.
- Assist with operating chilling and warming equipment.
- Perform fermentation support operations.
- Apply correct wine sampling techniques and assist with tracking and wine quality.
- Carry out inert gas handling in transfer processes.
- May assist with operating the crush equipment.
- May work with lab personnel to test samples and track daily routine analysis on wines and juices.
- Follow safe operating procedures, support safety programs and policies to safeguard personal safety, company property, environmental and team member's safety.
Ideal Candidates Will Have:
- Some production experience in cellar, operations, processing or related is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision when required
- Good communication skills - oral and written
- Work outdoors/indoors
- Work in warm/cold climates
- Work in high places
- Work on wet surfaces
- Is exposed to loud noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
- Works near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic
- Must be able to move up to 55 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The salary range for this role is:
$19.00 - $21.00 an hour
This is the lowest to highest salary we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee's pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, any collective bargaining agreements, and business or organizational needs.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company's sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Operations and Production
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).