Technical Lead (Codefi)
ConsenSys is the world's largest pure-play provider of enterprise blockchain software, created in 2014 by Joseph Lubin a co-founder of Ethereum. At ConsenSys, we build infrastructure software that make connection to and leveraging blockchain technologies straightforward for businesses. We assist large corporations in the integration & customization of our infrastructure by deploying full stack engineering team that operates respecting most effective agile methodologies. Lastly, we make strategic investments in blockchain technology startups.
About Cofi OS
Cofi OS is a technology stack developed by ConsenSys, partly open sourced, and compatible with all projects related to financial assets. Cofi OS enables the issuance, management and transfer of "tokenized" financial assets in a completely secure way, and in compliance with regulations in an automated manner.
Cofi OS was designed to be compliant with financial market requirements, including the European market. It proves to be a particularly relevant technology for the "tokenization" of non-listed shares, specifically the shares of Venture Capital funds, Private Equity funds, or the shares of real estate investment companies.
The "tokenization" of financial assets delivers important benefits for investors and issuers:
- Operational efficiency: simplification and reduction of costs related to the issuance, management and transfer of assets.
- Market expansion: broaden potential investor base through a simpler acquisition process and lower minimum entry tickets.
- Additional features: opening/simplification of a secondary market, and easier transmission of information between issuers and investors.
Interoperability is a major challenge in the context of "tokenization," as only a solution for issuing generic financial assets that is compatible with a maximum number of blockchain platforms can facilitate adoption.
The interoperability of Cofi OS is based on:
- An open-source standard specifically designed for financial assets (ERC1400), shared and reviewed by the Ethereum community, and backward compatible with the most widely used standard (ERC20).
- Combination of Ethereum private networks (to meet the challenges of scalability, privacy, and finality of transactions) and the public network (for interoperability) with the ability to transfer securities from one network to another in a secure manner.
- Using Ethereum blockchain technology, that today has the largest developer community in the world (+400K).
About the role:
ConsenSys is looking for a Technical Lead to help drive the Digital Asset efforts.
As Technical Lead, you will be responsible for:
- Lead a team building core web applications and innovative smart contracts
- Actively participate in the design and review of the code base and development
- Own the technical feasibility of the platform at all levels of the stack as it scales
- Recruit and develop talented engineers who form strong teams capable of learning and innovating
- Own the timeliness and quality of the code that ships
- Writing excellent code
- 8+ years engineering experience, preferably in scaling consumer apps
- 4+ years experience managing engineering teams with a proven history of shipping code
- Experience with (some) elements of blockchain, cloud computing, virtual machines, distributed computing, parallelization and cryptography
- Ability to analyze security on large scale systems
- Experience with docker, kubernetes, and AWS preferred
- Ability to write clearly on technical topics
- Personal interest in real estate, blockchain, or both
- Relevant degree(s) in Computer Science or related fields
Bonus points for:
- Experience with microservice architectures
- Experience with Kafka or other message brokers
- Understanding of Blockchain technology, especially Ethereum
- Experience with a larger back end stack especially Golang or Java
Other skills to demonstrate:
- Excellent verbal and written communication in French and English
- Teamwork, flexibility, initiative, communication and organisation
- Willingness to constantly learn & improve, challenging yourself to stay at the top of your game
Why join ConsenSys?
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, team leads at leading tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. At ConsenSys we fundamentally believe that a next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society. We believe that there is an opportunity to bring the remaining 2 billion unbanked people into the global economy and to radically transform our society for the enrichment of humankind
- A dynamic startup environment. ConsenSys is a thought leader in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization
- Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is less than 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. ConsenSys is building the technology platforms that can get us to those next thresholds of scale
- Continuous learning and improvements. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects -- challenging you to stay at the top of your game
A few important things to know
- Some travel could be required. Projects can be on client sites, so our team members need to be flexible and up for travel. We do our best to take people’s personal situations into account, but we know it’s not for everyone
- Project work at client's office locations could be required (on average 50%, but can vary between 0% and 100% depending on project)
- To apply for a role at our Paris office, you need to live in Paris and speak French fluently and have a work authorization in France.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.
Back to top