Sr. Cloud Engineer (Kaleido)
The successful applicant will be passionate about modern cloud architecture and have experience building and operating a live SaaS for enterprise customers.
Kaleido is a rapidly growing start-up aiming to make blockchain radically simple for organizations to adopt so that our societies will fully benefit from decentralized models and technologies. Our #1 rated platform is powering transformation with clients from Global Fortune 100 companies to startups. We are passionate
Kaleido is set apart by its collaborative culture focused on putting people first. That manifests in how we work together on a flat team, how we build products and solutions with open participation, and how we all take responsibility to interact with our customers and community. We move fast, put real product in customers’ hands, and iterate and learn as we move towards scale. This will allow you to make an immediate, high impact within a dedicated and nimble team.
Our team comes with deep technical experience and a dedication to our mission, but we still like to have fun and take full advantage of our startup environment by playing table tennis during breaks, enjoying a beer from our open tap, volunteering together during office hours, go on team retreats and outings, and more. Our team is based in an urban startup hub in Raleigh, NC.
Kaleido is a part of Consensys’s venture studio. ConsenSys is transforming our present digital architecture toward a more open, inclusive, and secure internet of value, commonly called Web3. It accomplishes this through its standout global business comprised of a startup incubator, Enterprise Ethereum consulting arm, and investment fund.
Come be one of the first hires at Kaleido to focus on building large-scale blockchain analytics systems. Lean team with a bold startup pace, backed by the largest blockchain venture production studio, and highly visible.
The successful candidate will be a highly skilled Cloud Engineer Engineer who is also passionate about systems stability, security and operational efficiency. If this describes you and you are able to thrive in a fast paced, high-growth, and dynamic environment, please read on.
- Develop automation and orchestration capabilities which allow us to operate at scale
- Work with operations and engineering team to ensure 24x7 availability of service offerings
- Develop, support, and document automated build and configuration management processes
- Optimize security of all operational systems
- Drive modern DevOps tooling and practices across the team, ensuring swift resolution of production issues and customer support tickets
- Ensure comprehensive monitoring of all systems, including creation of dashboards for internal team use
- Participate in delivery of new service offerings, working closely with development team to deliver low latency, high performance applications
- Analyze application characteristics and behavior, to optimize hardware configuration and performance of operational systems
- Provide DB management, experience with DB tuning and optimization considered a significant plus (Mongo, PostgreSQL)
- Diagnose problems observed in test/staging/production environment
Who you are:
- Team-centric mentality – comfortable working in a highly talented and dynamic team.
- Strong communication skills
- Solid interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail and focus on quality
- Ability to manage multiple, varied activities
- Flexible approach to working, including on-call responsibilities
- Enthusiastic and motivated to drive change through technology
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in computer science or computer engineering.
- 8+ year’s relevant technical experience
- Experience designing and implementing SaaS solutions at scale.
- Holds a AWS Certification, or has proven knowledge of AWS desired.
- Working experience of DevOps in a global environment
- Ideally RHCE qualified or equivalent GNU/Linux experience or qualification
- Experience of Docker orchestration technologies. Kubernetes preferred
- Solid TCP/IP networking experience and understanding
- Experience with tools for automation of deployment, monitoring and management of systems, such as Helm, Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Scripting and systems-related programming skills
- Network, OS and Application monitoring tools, such as Munin, Nagios, Zabbix
Beyond a stellar work environment, friendly people, and inspiring work, we have some excellent benefits and perks:
- Work on new and exciting Blockchain technology
- Company Equity
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage provided
- No Vacation Policy, IE you are an adult you can manage your time off
- Ownership is the greatest self-identity at Kaleido - you are making an impact now
- Cool downtown Raleigh location, and HQ Raleigh membership
- Parking is provided, but you can also Scoot, Bike, or Walk if you like
- Regular team outings, catered team lunch and learns, and volunteer opportunities
Kaleido is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and deeply values diversity. We strive to create an inclusive environment for the diverse cultures, perspectives, and experiences in our workforce.
Back to top