Solutions Architect (Solutions)
ConsenSys is a leader in the blockchain space, focused on building and scaling tools, disruptive startups, enterprise software products and consulting powered by or using decentralised technology, specifically the Ethereum blockchain. Our mission is to use these solutions to power the emerging economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet.
Our teams are busy building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, security and infrastructure, and more. If you are self-directed, determined, and comfortable with ambiguity, we would love to hear from you. Our Solutions team is responsible for solution development and delivery for corporate clients and has led some of the most innovative production blockchain implementations in the world.
As Solution Architect, you will be the technical representative for ConsenSys' products and services, working closely with our Business Development Managers and Delivery Leads.
This is a hands-on technologist role -- you are not just doing slideware, you’re crafting enterprise blockchain solutions for large organisations. Experience seeing the entire lifecycle from conception to design to technology evaluation to pilot program to implementation to maintenance and support is crucial.
Solutions Architects / Sales Engineers do not act as typical consultants - they function as blockchain technical leads & architects during the sales process in conjunction with a sales lead, at our client locations for short term engagements and do everything from developing initial prototype applications to running training and remaining engaged through delivery.
Database, distributed systems, full stack development, security & cryptography, and previous blockchain (especially Ethereum) experience are all huge pluses. We're looking for customer-facing hands-on technologists with a track record of success to join us in locations throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
Our Solutions Architects / Sales Engineers are responsible for securing the client's technical endorsement through complex sales processes including: requirements gathering, solution architecture, product and competitive positioning, partner enablement, proposal generation and drafting appropriately scoped statements of work. You could be onstage at a conference one day, working on a client proposal the next, and delivering partner training the following week, all while collaborating with our product teams on feature roadmaps, token launches or marketing roadshows.
A great candidate for this position will be confident whether espousing the business benefits of blockchain technology to executives or diving into code with developers. This person will have a minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience working with with technologists and executives through enterprise software sales cycles, notably with experience in emerging technology ecosystems. If you worked in a pre-sales technical or consulting role at a leading big data, machine learning, or PaaS company for the past few years, you may well have the type of background we are looking for. A similar background at a leading systems integrator or in solutions delivery is also relevant. You need to be comfortable being held accountable to client-based outcomes and in particular vendor/technology selection.
It’s important to us that you have a clear enthusiasm and aptitude for learning about new industries, technologies, and how they fit together. Bonus points if you have previous experience in FinTech and/or have a deep understanding of the blockchain / Ethereum ecosystem.
This role does not come neatly packaged or defined. You should expect it to change during your time at ConsenSys, to evolve as our organization evolves. What does that mean for you? We think that means you will have an opportunity to create an exciting role with plenty of growth potential over time.
When we interview you, we will be looking for people with high levels of emotional intelligence who are also intellectually curious, always professional, dynamic in conversation, charismatic, and persuasive. You must be able to ask specific yet articulate questions, quickly synthesise insights from patterns in conversation, and reflect back the key points from a conversation in order to get alignment, commitments, and lay out next steps. We will also be evaluating your technical skills, including your familiarity with modern development tools and code.
From a tactical standpoint, you are highly effective at leading discovery meetings, designing and presenting bespoke sales proposals, staying current on blockchain technology developments, and building and delivering product / technology demos. You must take a hands on approach to technology, collaborating with our internal development teams and clients alike. Last but not least, we expect the solution architects / sales engineers to complete a successful project handover to the delivery team assigned to the project and maintain the client relationship through the delivery phase.
If you are ready to take the leap in joining a fast growing company in a business development capacity, we encourage you to apply today!
Ability to travel 30-50+% required. Varies by location and team.
- You would be working with customers, partners, and prospects to understand and propose solutions using ConsenSys technologies
- Lead technical sales process for numerous customers day to day, from introductory meetings (net new sales) through post-sales (customer satisfaction, upselling, and subscription renewals)
- Map your customer requirements to current and future offerings
- Educate your prospects on the business value of blockchain in general, Ethereum and ConsenSys' offerings
- Drive progress towards successful sales, in concert with Business Development Managers and Delivery Leads
- You should focus on customer success
- Continuously learn and update your skills in quickly evolving technologies
- Ability to switch context quickly throughout the day with numerous contending demands
- Minimum 3 years experience and success working in a customer-facing role
- Hands-on, technical, problem solver
- Development experience with OO programming and full stack development
- Unix/Linux expertise required
- Comfortable partnering with customers and public speaking
- Demonstrated experience gathering and understanding customer business requirements
- Experience with full stack development and modern development tools
- Knowledge of distributed systems
Experience with many of the following:
- Oracle, MySQL or PostgreSQL
- SQL development and optimisation
- Concurrency and synchronisation
- Fallacies of distributed computing
- Common IPC/RPC methods and patterns
- High availability and business continuity
- Queuing patterns and pipeline design
- Batch operations
- Messaging systems and patterns
- Solid OS / networking fundamentals
- Virtual memory management
- File system design
- System administration knowledge
- Network architecture
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.
Back to top