Senior Golang Developer (Codefi Staking or Data/Compliance)
- Flexible / Remote
ConsenSys is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow. To explore our products and solutions, visit http://consensys.net/.
About Codefi Staking and Data/Compliance
Codefi Staking is an institutional ETH2 staking as a service provider. We are working with some of the world’s largest exchanges and custodians to enable them to offer Ethereum 2.0 staking to their customers.
Codefi Compliance are a set of backend dat and compliance services implemented in Go that serve a frontend KYT application (Know-Your-Transaction, scanning on-chain activity of Ethereum accounts to identify suspicious activities) and also other products and applications of ConsenSys.
We are looking for senior backend Go developers with security and application architecture experience.
- 6+ years building secure applications as software engineer.
- 2+ years of experience deploying secure cloud infrastructure (AWS / Azure)
- 3+ years of Golang development experience
- Building secure applications
- Understanding of Ethereum Related concepts
- Patricia Merkle Trees
- P2P Networking
- Consensus mechanisms
- Experience working in a distributed, remote team environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Agile development processes and ceremonies.
- Writing good technical documentation.
Bonus Points for any of:
- DevOps skills (Kubernetes, Terraform, ELK/Prometheus/Kibana/Grafana).
- Cryptography (for instance Ethereum-related: ECDSA: Secp256k1, BLS: Boneh-Lynn-Shacham - Signature scheme; Barreto-Lynn-Scott - BLS12-381, General: Pairing; Signature aggregation; HD Wallets; Shamir’s secret sharing).
- Understanding of the Ethereum 2.0 Phase 0 Protocol including:
- Protocol based Incentives
- Key generation (eth1 and eth2)
- Understanding of the Ethereum 1.0 Protocol, on-chain storage and data structures.
- Exposure or experience with big data pipeline (ETL).
Other: Proof of Stake blockchains, e.g. Tezos; Asset Tokenization; Financial products; DeFi products;
Don't check all of the boxes? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
Why join ConsenSys?
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
- A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
- Deep technical challenges. Blockchain technology is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. We are building the tools, infrastructure and applications l that are pushing the technology forward.
- Continuous learning and improvements. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.
Back to top