Senior Front End Engineer (Kaleido)
Kaleido is a rapidly growing start-up aiming to make blockchain radically simple for organizations to adopt so that our societies will fully benefit from decentralized models and technologies. Our #1 rated platform is powering transformation with clients from Global Fortune 100 companies to startups. We are passionate
Kaleido is set apart by its collaborative culture focused on putting people first. That manifests in how we work together on a flat team, how we build products and solutions with open participation, and how we all take responsibility to interact with our customers and community. We move fast, put real product in customers’ hands, and iterate and learn as we move towards scale. This will allow you to make an immediate, high impact within a dedicated and nimble team.
Our team comes with deep technical experience and a dedication to our mission, but we still like to have fun and take full advantage of our startup environment by playing table tennis during breaks, enjoying a beer from our open tap, volunteering together during office hours, go on team retreats and outings, and more. Our team is based in an urban startup hub in Raleigh, NC.
*All of Kaleido positions are located in Raleigh, NC only.
Kaleido is a part of Consensys’s venture studio. ConsenSys is transforming our present digital architecture toward a more open, inclusive, and secure internet of value, commonly called Web3. It accomplishes this through its standout global business comprised of a startup incubator, Enterprise Ethereum consulting arm, and investment fund.
Come be one of the first hires at Kaleido to focus on building large-scale blockchain analytics systems. Lean team with a bold startup pace, backed by the largest blockchain venture production studio, and highly visible.
What You’ll Do
- Drive and own modern Front End methodology and practice throughout the team
- Champion and deliver great user experience Work with close cross-functional alignment with designers, fellow engineers, and the product and business stakeholders
- Move fast on a SaaS product as part of a platform team that practices rapid iteration and continuous delivery.
- Plan, architect and develop technical direction of Front End technology and component stack.
- Use leading technologies and the right tools for the right job.
- Write readable, maintainable code that is built to scale.
- Stay up-to-date on technical options and help select the right technology for each task.
- Mentor fellow engineers and review code
Who you are
- Strong sense of ownership and pride in the code you write
- A strong engineer, coder and someone who can lead by example.
- Someone who takes initiative and successfully collaborates with all parts of the organization. You will be part of a small team that is focused on getting things done.
- Comfortable with fluid requirements and ability to pivot easily.
- Passionate about building a platform and product that users will love.
What We’re Looking For Technically
- Deep experience with React and GraphQL
- Strong engineering fundamentals
- B.S. or M.S in Comp Sci and/or 5+ years of industry experience
- Experience building large scale applications to production
- Fluent in test automation and continuous integration
- Strong desire to constantly improve development processes
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Grafana or similar real-time dashboards and analytics UI
- Experience with AWS and various data and analytics services available via AWS
Beyond a stellar work environment, friendly people, and inspiring work, we have some excellent benefits and perks:
- Work on new and exciting Blockchain technology
- Company Equity
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage provided
- No Vacation Policy, IE you are an adult you can manage your time off
- Ownership is the greatest self-identity at Kaleido - you are making an impact now
- Cool downtown Raleigh location, and HQ Raleigh membership
- Parking is provided, but you can also Scoot, Bike, or Walk if you like
- Regular team outings, catered team lunch and learns, and volunteer opportunities
Kaleido is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and deeply values diversity. We strive to create an inclusive environment for the diverse cultures, perspectives, and experiences in our workforce.
Kaleido is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here: https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/
Back to top