Security Auditor / Smart Contract Hacker
- Flexible / Remote
ConsenSys is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow. To explore our products and solutions, visit http://consensys.net/.
About ConsenSys Diligence
ConsenSys Diligence helps developers and smart contract architects to build more secure blockchain and smart contract applications. We are a full remote team, distributed all over the world, and are expanding our team to support the high demand for smart contract audits in the ever growing ecosystem. A growing list of our external clients, including major financial institutions, and Aave, 0x, Balancer, Uniswap, Status and many more. Our aim is to continue building the most technically-gifted, engineering-focused blockchain security team.
We are also the creators of the MythX security analysis service and Scribble runtime verification tool for Ethereum smart contracts. We also maintain a number of standard setting industry references and tools, including: SWC Registry, Smart Contract Best Practices, and Blockchain Security Database, Legions (Ethereum/EVM Node Security Toolkit), Solidity Visual Developer VScode extension, and many more.
About the role
We are looking for passionate smart contract security researchers or developers.
Candidates should have a strong understanding of security primitives and be up-to-date with current exploits. Awareness of the current DeFi landscape is a big plus, and experience with exploitation techniques of financial protocols is a valued skill. You should also be aware of how the EVM works, and the idiosyncrasies which can lead to vulnerabilities when developers don’t properly understand them. You will have the opportunity to work with and learn from some of the brightest minds in the space, to see how we approach hacking, threat modelling, scanning, auditing, designing and enhancing the security of smart contracts across the board.
Alongside client work, we also provide you with plenty of time for research and development efforts where you can push the state of the art and science of blockchain security.
Most of the work can be done remotely from wherever you are; little travel is anticipated (most of the team works remotely around the world). Along with a focus on technical excellence, we also believe firmly that culture and processes play an essential role in security.
We are looking for exceptionally intellectual, bright and technically driven individuals who can communicate their ideas clearly while working with clients to achieve their security objectives.
- Experience developing and building on top of DeFi protocols or other smart contracts
- Experience describing or assessing smart contract specific security risks
- Demonstrated expertise with Solidity, the EVM, and blockchain
- Demonstrated ability to work well with clients, and communicate clearly and concisely in a written format
Nice to haves
- A portfolio of blog posts or presentations on DeFi or security related topics
- Experience working in the Financial sector or as a financial analyst
- Publicly visible audit reports in your portfolio
- BS degree or higher in a relevant field or equivalent practical experience
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys:
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
- A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
- Deep technical challenges. Blockchain technology is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. We are building the tools, infrastructure and applications l that are pushing the technology forward.
- Continuous learning and improvements. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top