Rust Engineer (Quilt)
Quilt is a research-focused team in ConsenSys R&D. We’re focused solely on pushing the ecosystem forward - no strings attached to business functions.
Quilt has one simple mission: push forward progress on Ethereum 2.0. We also love Rust <3, we’re fully open source and 100% remote.
Although the mission is simple, beyond the Beacon Chain, these are the many contributions needed to continue building on Eth 2.0:
- Build infrastructure, simulations and tests for an end to end eth 2.0 prototype and testnet ready for benchmarking and viability studies
- Design and build the spec for the execution environments - optimal accumulators, designs, proofs
- Explore different approaches and models for cross shard calls
- Prototype and research atomicity and synchronicity in a sharded system
- Research on incentives, game theory and specification of fee markets/transaction broadcasting
- Integrate state channels and layer 2 markets into a multi-sharded system
- Formalize the Ethereum 2.0 VM (Web Assembly)
- Actively contribute to https://ethresear.ch
As a Rust engineer, you will initially be most active in the development and iteration of the testnet. Followup work would likely be focused around viability studies, benchmarking, and networking/scalability across multiple shards. Support around WASM and the execution layer is also needed if interest is shown.
- Rust and WASM experience preferable but C++ or other systems level experience ok
- Understanding of ethereum and blockchain tech
- Highly pragmatic engineer balancing research and prototyping
- Knowledge and understanding of cryptography and the field as a whole, a plus
ConsenSys was started by co-founder of Ethereum Joseph Lubin, with over 50 projects and 900+ members around the world. The ConsenSys mission is to use the decentralized solutions from its projects to fundamentally reshape the economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet.
ConsenSys is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and deeply values diversity. We strive to create an inclusive environment for the diverse cultures, perspectives, and experiences in our workforce.
Back to top