R&D Engineer (Rust
Quilt is a research-focused team in ConsenSys R&D. We’re focused solely on pushing the ecosystem forward - no strings attached to business functions.
Quilt has one simple mission: push forward progress on Ethereum 2.0. We also love Rust <3, we’re fully open source and 100% remote.
Although the mission is simple, beyond the Beacon Chain, these are the many contributions needed to continue building on Eth 2.0:
- Build infrastructure, simulations and tests for an end to end eth 2.0 prototype and testnet ready for benchmarking and viability studies
- Design and build the spec for the execution environments - optimal accumulators, designs, proofs
- Explore different approaches and models for cross shard calls
- Prototype and research atomicity and synchronicity in a sharded system
- Research on incentives, game theory and specification of fee markets/transaction broadcasting
- Integrate state channels and layer 2 markets into a multi-sharded system
- Formalize the Ethereum 2.0 VM (Web Assembly)
- Actively contribute to https://ethresear.ch
As an R&D engineer, you will initially be focused on research around the incentives and specification of the fee market and how transactions are broadcasted properly. State channel and layer 2 market integration will play a strong part in this research. We’d like to see quick POCs developed around various approaches. This work may be the foundation for its own team as more research has been validated.
- Rust experience preferable
- Understanding of transactions and broadcastinglayer 2 markets and state channels
- Research-focused but highly pragmatic and willing to write POCs
- Willing to help kickstart the growth of a new team and effort
- Knowledge and understanding of cryptography and the field as a whole, a plus
ConsenSys was started by co-founder of Ethereum Joseph Lubin, with over 50 projects and 900+ members around the world. The ConsenSys mission is to use the decentralized solutions from its projects to fundamentally reshape the economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.
Back to top