Product Manager (Treum)
About Treum at ConsenSys:
We believe that given the tools, people will always surprise us, and build incredible things. We built a platform to help businesses build trust with their customers by bringing transparency, traceability, and tradability to supply chains, using blockchain technology.
Some of the applications that have been imagined using Treum include tracking sustainably sourced yellowfin tuna from Fiji (see video here), verifying the organic lineage of agriculture products like CBD, creating digital ownership tokens to track metaphorical surrealist paintings, and the handoff process of digital assets like seismic mining data. Treum provides organizations verifiable insights as assets flow through the entire supply chain.
At Treum, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace with team members signing in from 5 countries.
About the role:
The Treum team is seeking it's first, full-time Product Manager. This person will play a critical role in expanding our platform and product development process to ensure that the product stays on plan and meets our high-level strategic objectives. We are looking for someone who is excited to roll up their sleeves and deliver on future releases while growing a global team. As a platform first product, the prioritization of features to satisfy multiple stakeholders needs is a top priority.
Our current customers include large Fortune 50 companies, Global leaders in Innovation, NGOs, and all the way to small family farmers. The Product Manager will work closely with our customers to identify product opportunities, determine and communicate resourcing plans alongside realistic timelines, identify and mitigate risks, and adjust as needed to accommodate unexpected changes. This a highly collaborative and dynamic role, that will interface between internal and external partners including clients, marketing, research, design and development.
This role is ideal for a seasoned product manager who has experience scaling a product and team to meet fast growing customer demand and prioritizing the pulls of the market. The real reason you should look at this position as your next opportunity is in nascency and the dynamic nature of the industry allowing you the ability to shape a product that will change the way we all live. We are defining new business models and you have the chance to drive it forward.
Want to learn how one platform can do so much? Get in touch.
About the team:
- Energetic and passionate about the product and blockchain
- Strive for consensus and transparency
- Value open, respectful and constructive communication
- Geographically distributed over multiple time zones
- Seek diversity in perspectives
- Works hard and at the same time values life balance, flexibility and vacations
- See our “peoples section” on our website to learn more about some of our team members
- Read here how one of our team members traveled the world while working full time
- Define and prioritize features through a combination of working directly with existing users, speaking with target customers, and performing broader market research
- Compile and maintain product roadmap and timelines by collaborating closely with Product Designers, Solution Architects and Software development teams
- Author regular product release plans and communicate schedules to both internal and external stakeholders
- Execute product delivery using agile practices including maintaining product backlog, planning sprint cycles, running daily scrum etc.
- Develop staffing and resource management plans for a diverse group of developers, many of whom work remotely
- Assess project progress, and share status updates with team and external stakeholders
- Evaluate project risk(s) and create mitigation plans
- Design, implement, and maintain standard processes, communication protocols, and documentation templates
- Represent Treum and ConsenSys globally - at meetings with members, and at conferences
- Minimum 5 years Product Management experience
- Strong technical background with an understanding of databases and client and server technologies
- Ability to gather key information from client interviews, understand complicated problems and translate into requirements
- Comfortable working with UX researchers and UI designers
- Experienced executer and a champion of fast-paced Scrum Agile processes
- Experience coaching, motivating, and giving feedback to a large team of developers
- Able to assimilate, sort and aggregate complex information quickly
- Comfortable communicating with a diverse, mostly remote team
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement
Bonus Points if you...
- Have experience in testing, inspection, and certification (TIC) space specifically in consumer products, agriculture, and collectables sector
- Have expertise in business process modeling (BPM) or the supply chain and logistics sector
- Have experience in building platform products
- Have an active interest in Blockchain and/or Ethereum
- Have experience building products that interact with ERP/SCM technologies like SAP and Oracle
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys:
- The forefront of a revolution. At ConsenSys we fundamentally believe that a next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society.
- A dynamic startup environment. ConsenSys is a thought leader in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization.
- Continuous learning. You’ll be constantly exposed to new languages, frameworks and ideas from your peers and as you work on different projects -- challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
- Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is about 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much work to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. ConsenSys is building the technology platforms that can get us to those next thresholds of scale.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.
Back to top