Legal Counsel at ConsenSys AG
- Flexible / Remote
ConsenSys AG, a leading blockchain company is seeking an attorney to join its dynamic legal team.
About Our Company
ConsenSys AG, which was recently rebranded as ConsenSys Mesh (“Mesh”), is a venture production studio and a global technology firm with a focus on the Ethereum ecosystem. Following the recent spin-out of the ConsenSys Software brand, Mesh continues to incubate and invest in companies in the crypto ecosystem, as well as manage its sizable portfolio of 150+ active companies. Our company is led by Joseph Lubin, a co-founder of the Ethereum project and CEO of ConsenSys Software Inc. Our mission is to use decentralized solutions to fundamentally reshape the economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet. More information is available at mesh.xyz.
About Our Team
The legal team at Mesh provides a broad range of support services to the various businesses, including marquis projects such as Virtue Poker, Gitcoin, OpenLaw, Decrypt and Treum. The work is varied but usually somewhere along the intersection of investment management, regulatory analysis, strategic business advice, intellectual property and general corporate work. If you are someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient is a requirement, we are confident you’ll enjoy working with us and the broader Mesh team. Mesh always has been and will remain a remote-first company.
We are looking for someone to supplement and complement the current team at Mesh. We believe lawyers work best when they are challenged, intellectually stimulated and pursuing their personal interests. We look forward to crafting a role that fits Mesh’s growing needs while charting a compelling career path for our new team member. To start, we’ll need help with the following:
- Provide strategic legal advice, counsel and support to Mesh’s business leaders and dozens of internal and external projects.
- Reports to the leads in the legal team.
- Keep up to date with regulatory developments and strategies.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a wide variety of documents including, but not limited to, commercial agreements, investments, corporate events for portfolio companies, professional services, marketing, internal policies, employment agreements, and vendor agreements.
- You will work closely with the existing team and also partner with internal support functions like Finance, HR, IT and the office of the CEO.
Ideal Experience and Skills
- A JD or LLM from a leading accredited U.S. law school and a license to practice law in at least one U.S. jurisdiction
- 2-4 years of transactional or regulatory experience at a large reputable law firm and/or in-house
- Experience drafting and negotiating complex agreements
- Fund or investment experience a plus
- Fluency in, or a strong desire to learn about, blockchain technology and related legal issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Hard-charging, innovative, and comfortable with high levels of responsibility
- Comfort with being self-directed and learning quickly to tackle time-sensitive tasks
- Business judgment and ability to assess legal risk while providing practical advice
- Ability to effectively engage with business and legal counterparts
- Ability to handle multiple projects and matters simultaneously
- A proven academic or professional track-record demonstrating hard work, ambition and a dedication to self-improvement and excellence
Mesh is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top