ConsenSys is a venture production studio and the leading technology firm in blockchain globally. We deliver products, solutions and platforms built using blockchain technology to transform how business is done in complex network of buyers, suppliers and consumer
Our teams are busy building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, the music industry, security, and infrastructure, and more.
To accomplish this we've built out a flat organisational structure which we call the ConsenSys Mesh: a network of individuals & teams working autonomously and towards the same goal. Our mission is to use these decentralized solutions to fundamentally reshape the economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us.
About Finance at Consensys
Our global finance team is looking for smart, driven colleagues to assist with finance, planning, and strategy across the organization. We are responsible for accounting, financial planning, business intelligence, tax, treasury, and operations for the Mesh in 25-30 countries!
About The Role
As a member of the global finance team, you will be helping to drive our financial planning efforts, which include budgeting, reforecasting, reporting, and analysis. You’ll have the opportunity to work on the consolidated global business, as well as our venture teams, helping them turn strategy and insights into initiatives.
Open Focus Areas
Venture Studio: You will partner with business operations and venture teams to drive growth, new product launches, and find operating efficiencies in our largest business.
Solutions: You will partner with operations teams to drive growth, new advisory engagements, product launches, and find operating efficiencies in our global institutional advisory business.
Corporate Finance: You will provide strategic support to the CFO and senior leadership on company-wide planning, analysis, and reporting. You’ll work cross-functionally to drive and scale the cadence, tools, and data leveraged in our key financial processes across businesses and functions
What You'll Do
- Business partnerships - work closely with company leaders to create detailed budgets, develop financial forecasts and operational goals
- Apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision making related to new initiatives, products, and business opportunities
- Sophisticated financial modeling - build models from scratch, improve existing models, and break complex consolidated models down into component pieces
- Think strategically and develop/operationalize our insights
- Scale Consensys - work on special projects across the organization to support our transition from start-up to decentralized enterprise
- Partner with global controllers to develop our management reporting needs
- Be curious, creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skill sets
- Perform various financial analyses, including but not limited to complex transaction and valuation models, comp sets, pricing scenarios and returns matrices.
- Define and monitor KPIs for various projects within the ConsenSys portfolio, and set up metrics dashboards for automated tracking.
What You’ll Need
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or similar
- Minimum of 2 years in Banking and/or Corporate finance /operational FP&A at either a high-growth company or a large, well-established organization
- Excel champion - You are comfortable creating scalable models
- Commitment to accurate detail and comfortable with a rapid execution environment
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills - its the people who make the number crunching matter and you will participate in cross-functional teams
- Collaborative approach and a self-starter - We value decentralization and this means you will be dedicated, collaborative, and able to set and achieve your goals
- Working knowledge of GAAP/IFRS
- Systems - Fearless approach to new technology and tools. Ideally you will have a working knowledge of ERP and financial planning systems
- Strong demonstrable interest in emerging technology and innovative businesses
- Experience in transaction structuring and stakeholder relations and management
- MBA, CFA or CPA
- SQL skills - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you more effective in this role
- Entrepreneurial experience, either as a founder or in a startup environment
- Prior experience working with blockchain / DLT technology
- Opportunity to work in a fast-growing company
- Space for personal development in a dynamic and international environment
- Competitive salary (based on level of seniority)
- Unlimited vacation
- We are a remote first company, we generally work from home offices or local hubs in shared office spaces
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes or phone calls. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Back to top