DevOps Engineer (Solutions UK)
ConsenSys is a venture production studio and the leading global blockchain technology firm. Our mission is to transform the emerging economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet by building and scaling applications, disruptive startups, and enterprise software products empowered by decentralized technology, specifically Ethereum.
Headquartered in Brooklyn, NY, USA, ConsenSys was founded in 2014 has tripled in size every year since then. Today, we bring together close to 600 team members in 27 countries including top-tier, passionate engineers, product managers, designers, entrepreneurs and consultants. We have offices in the USA, Canada, Brazil, UK, France, Germany, Dubai, South Africa, Singapore, Australia, and other locations.
Our Enterprise team is responsible for helping corporate clients and governments identify how blockchain technology is likely to transform their industry, and subsequently developing and delivering innovative, decentralized applications and digital ventures. We are involved in some of the most innovative blockchain projects in the world: the City of Dubai's Smart Dubai blockchain strategy; project UBIN (a decentralized interbank settlement system) with the Monetary Authority of Singapore; as well as high-profile cooperations with JP Morgan, Banco Santander and BHP Billiton. Our teams are busy at work building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, energy, security and infrastructure, and more.
If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us.
About the role
As DevOps Engineer at ConsenSys you will be joining a world reference technical team with State of the Art expertise in developing & delivering advanced decentralized applications (Ðapps). Your job will be to ensure the best possible evolution of our production infrastructure, you will get highly involved in our code deployment (CI / CD) and you will develop scripts to check systems health & automatically respond to alerts.
This position requires a combination of technological skills, pro-activity, problem solving & creativity, pedagogical methodology and team spirit. It involves collaborating with cross-functional teams (made of PO, developers, solution architects, designers, QA consultants...), working on multiple types of problems & challenges, planning for future platform growth, as well as effectively reacting when things go wrong with one of our products in production.
- 4+ years experience in Systems Engineering/DevOps role
Experience as a developer in one or more of the following languages: Go, Java, Ruby, Python
Experience with monitoring systems (ELK, EFK, Prometheus)
Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform)
- Exceptional background in Linux/Unix Systems
- Experience with Docker containerization and orchestration with Kubernetes
- Experience configuring and running CI platforms such as Jenkins, GitLab-CI, Circle, Travis...
- Experience with cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, OVH, Google Cloud...
- Good understanding of networking concepts (load balancers, routers)
- Experience with setting-up highly secure infrastructures with no Single Point of Failure
Bonus points for
- Experience with infrastructure automation such as Puppet, Ansible, Vagrant, cloud-init...
- Understanding Blockchain technology, especially Ethereum
- Experience in deploying Blockchain infrastructures using Parity of Geth
- Contribution to Open-Source projects
- Experience with Back End programming Languages such as Python, GoLang or Rust
Other skills to demonstrate
- Teamwork, flexibility, initiative, communication and organisation
- Willingness to constantly learn & improve, challenging yourself to stay at the top of your game
Why join ConsenSys?
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys
- The forefront of a revolution. At ConsenSys we fundamentally believe that a next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society. We believe that there is an opportunity to bring the remaining 2 billion unbanked people into the global economy and to radically transform our society for the enrichment of humankind
- A dynamic startup environment. ConsenSys is a thought leader in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization
- Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is less than 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. ConsenSys is building the technology platforms that can get us to those next thresholds of scale
- Continuous learning and improvements. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects -- challenging you to stay at the top of your game
A few important things to know
- Some travel could be required. Projects may be on client sites, so our team members need to be flexible and up for travel. We do our best to take people’s personal situations into account, but we know it’s not for everyone
Back to top