Business Analyst (US Solutions)
ConsenSys is a venture production studio and the leading technology firm in blockchain globally. We deliver products, solutions and platforms built using blockchain technology to transform how business is done in a complex network of buyers, suppliers and consumers.
Our teams are busy at work building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, the music industry, security, infrastructure and more. To accomplish this we've built out a flat organizational structure which we call the ConsenSys Mesh: a network of individuals & teams working autonomously towards the same goal. Our mission is to use these decentralized solutions to fundamentally reshape the economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet.
Are you passionate about decentralizing our future and taking control of how we evolve? Then join us! We are seeking passionate, determined and resilient individuals who thrive in a self-directed, collaborative culture. Our technology is transforming global society and humanity - we welcome you to this exciting opportunity.
About Us - US Solutions
ConsenSys Solutions is our strategy and corporate venturing unit that provides strategic advisory, ideation and use case designing, and new venture and platform development services to enterprise and government clients - helping them discover, explore and develop blockchain solutions. Our teams have led some of the most innovative blockchain production implementations in the world.
We are busy building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, security and infrastructure, and more. We help governments and enterprises deliver products, solutions and platforms built using blockchain technology to transform how business is done across complex networks of buyers, suppliers and consumers.
We are literally shaping the future of decentralized technology, and we're looking for exceptional talent to help us change the world!
Are you able to interpret existing business models and see where new technologies could be beneficial or disruptive? Could you explain how blockchain works to a C-level audience? Can you connect the dots in a different way to create genuinely new product or business opportunities?
If you're someone that thrives in a highly ambiguous, lightning-fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined and resilient are a key requirement, we would love to hear from you.
About the role
An interest in blockchain technology and a broad skill set is important. You will be joining a diverse team of business and technology specialists working together to develop new blockchain solutions to help deliver next generation social, economic and political systems. As a Business Analyst for the Solutions Advisory team, you will be responsible for multiple workstreams, including, but not limited to, financial modeling, market research, and associated analytics. You will be comfortable working across a range of engagements and tasks - conducting strategic analysis, running client workshops or scrum teams - but will bring a venturing mindset and requisite skill set to deliver the highest quality outcomes at pace.
Ideal Experience and Skills
- 1-3 years of experience as a strategy consultant from top tier firm or similar role in leading tech, PE, IB, or VC firm
- Experience delivering on client engagement teams
- Experience in venture creation, including work in due diligence, valuation, joint venture governance design, operating structures, negotiation, and term sheets
- Knowledge of and passion for cutting edge technologies/digital initiatives (blockchain/Ethereum knowledge)
- Experience leading and delivering multiple workstreams, including experience in business case development, financial modeling, due diligence, valuation, CEO-ready presentation design and story-lining
- Strong consulting skillset: hypothesis-led problem solving, framing and communicating complex ideas, thinking strategically
- Entrepreneurial, curious, creative, and have a track record for thinking innovatively
- Outstanding academic track record from a leading university
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Comfortable in rapidly changing, highly ambiguous environments
- Self-accountable, with a drive for constant self improvement
- A knowledge sharer, always willing to help the wider team
Perks of the Mesh
- A dynamic startup environment. ConsenSys is a leader with vision in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the attention. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization.
- Unlimited vacation
- Decentralized culture. We offer a new way of structuring an organization: holacratic (non-hierarchical) meaning you are free from hierarchical restraints, working in an environment that truly encourages all levels of collaboration.
- Remote work
- Global reach. Connect with brilliant minds across 6 continents as we continue to grow and build a diversified culture.
Opportunities for the Decentralized Future
- The forefront of a revolution. At ConsenSys we fundamentally believe that the next generation of technology presents an opportunity to craft a more just and equitable society.
- Continuous learning. You’ll be constantly exposed to new languages, frameworks and ideas from your peers and as you work on different projects -- challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
- Deep technical challenges. The entire ecosystem is about 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. For these platforms to scale to the order of millions or billions of users we have much work ahead. The team at ConsenSys is building technology platforms that can get us to those next thresholds of scale.
- Entrepreneurial opportunities. We are always encouraging our community to push the boundaries with innovative dApps.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.
Back to top