Back End Developer (Treum)
We believe that given the tools, people will always surprise us, and build incredible things. We built platform to help businesses build trust with their customers by bringing transparency, traceability, and tradability to supply chains, using blockchain technology.
Some of the applications that have been imagined using Treum include tracking sustainably sourced yellowfin tuna from Fiji (see video here), verifying the organic lineage of agriculture products like CBD, creating digital ownership tokens to track metaphorical surrealist paintings, and the handoff process of digital assets like seismic mining data. Treum provides organizations verifiable insights as assets flow through the entire supply chain.
At Treum, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace with team members signing in from 5 countries.
About the role:
Treum is seeking an ambitious and self directed Back End python engineer with a keen interest in Ethereum and blockchain technologies to join our engineering team. Our ideal candidate is one who communicates effectively and consistently ships high quality, well-tested code.
- Expert in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework such as Flask
- Experienced SQL Database and RESTful APIs
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Write modular code, developed as reusable
- Strong unit testing and debugging skills
- Experienced with git code management
- CLI knowledge
- Understanding Blockchain technology, especially Ethereum
- Experience developing ÐApps using the Ethereum Web3.js API
- Unix wizardry and DevOps experience, Docker
- Contribution to Open-Source projects
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys:
- The forefront of a revolution. At ConsenSys we fundamentally believe that a next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society.
- A dynamic startup environment. ConsenSys is a thought leader in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization.
- Continuous learning. You’ll be constantly exposed to new languages, frameworks and ideas from your peers and as you work on different projects -- challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
- Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is about 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much work to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. ConsenSys is building the technology platforms that can get us to those next thresholds of scale.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.
Back to top