VP, Corporate Development & Partnerships
- New York, NY
At Conductor, we believe a great company has a positive impact in the world, and on the people who build it. Therefore, we have two missions:
- Customer-First - Transform marketing into a force for improving people’s lives.
- People-First - Transform the workplace into a force that helps people grow.
For us, success is improving the lives of all the people in our orbit — our customers, our customers’ customers, our employee-owners, and our communities. We believe putting customers first is a better way to do marketing, for you and for your customers. When you create valuable, relevant content, you win new customers and help people. We're leading a movement to humanize marketing.
Marketers use our software and services to create and optimize valuable content so that it gets found, answers questions, and solves problems for real people. Conductor was named Top in the Forrester Wave for SEO platforms and is rated #1 on TrustRadius and G2Crowd by enterprise marketers. For more information, visit conductor.com.
At Conductor, we're building amazing tech, bringing together the best marketing minds out there. It’s our focus on people and our mission that has led to being Crain's "Best Place to Work" 9 years in a row.
Conductor is seeking an energetic and effective VP, Corporate Development & Partnerships to lead growth through global expansion, partnerships and M&A. Conductor’s Partner Ecosystem consists of strategic partners, service and advisory partners and technology partners. Together, we’re creating the world’s largest ecosystem of organic marketing solutions for our enterprise customers.
- Strategic Partners: These partnerships create exponential value for customers by localizing a customer’s organic marketing program globally and offering customer success solutions in language.
- Service & Advisory Partners: Our marketplace product makes it possible to centralize work and support by providing a network of certified, trusted third-party service and advisory partners who can help you with technology consulting, implementation support, organic marketing insights and recommendations, change management, training, process mapping and more.
- Technology Partners: Our technology partners strengthen our customers organic marketing strategy by integrating point solutions and toolsets to streamline their workflow and process.
The key to success in this role is an aptitude for championing operational growth and overall business performance. This role requires excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to hunt and nurture relationships.
As the VP of Corp Dev & Partnerships, you will be charged with cultivating a network of partners, who will contribute to a customer’s organic marketing success. We’re looking for someone who is entrepreneurial and business savvy, capable of making sound partnership decisions from the ground up. We’re looking for someone who can lead but isn’t afraid of getting hands-on with our partners and customers and building the right process and systems for success.
In this role, you will own partnerships, M&A discovery and global expansion under our Global operations team and work cross-functionally with sales, marketing, customer success and product team.
You're excited about this role because you love to:
- Develop Growth Strategies - Create strategic growth through organic and inorganic channels
- Operationalize Infrastructure - Develop operational infrastructure including process, systems and metrics to support our corporate development and growth initiatives.
- Build Strong Relationships - Establish relationships with internal team leads, complementary agencies and technology companies that help solve problems for digital marketers.
- Investigate Opportunities - Identify key business initiatives through extensive industry research and analysis for partnerships, M&A and growth. Ensure you’re gathering findings from the market and socializing those findings across the org.
- Innovate - Work alongside our product team to source and find opportunities to enhance the value of Conductor through combined use-cases
- Drive Growth.
- Proactively engage existing partners to drive mutual lead generation and co-marketing activities.
- Evangelize and educate both our technology and our partners’ technologies/services
- Support partner sales activities with custom demos, reports, and a deep understanding of their business to drive inbound and outbound referrals
- Act as an internal resource to Conductors to help them create holistic solutions for customers with your expert knowledge of our best partners
We're excited about you because you have:
- Must have experience building an ecosystem strategy and the operational underpinning that goes with this (you know what good looks like) for a Saas Company
- 5+ years of successful experience in generating operational growth within technology companies, Marketing-technology ,a plus
- Experience in sales or account management role at a tech company or agency; experience in channel sales or channel management is a plus
- Experience with SaaS, digital marketing agencies, and global businesses is a plus
- Successfully leading M&A efforts and acting as a key stakeholder in identifying and securing complementary assets, products, and people to Conductor
- Experience in Global Expansion and ability to permeate new markets and establish Conductor's brand, value, and overall revenue channels
- Experience with Salesforce.com, Powerpoint, Excel and virtual meeting software
- Ability to work in a rapidly expanding, fast paced environment
- Exceptional written and oral presentation skills
- A naturally curious and creative person who loves to build relationships and uncover opportunity
- Willingness and ability to travel (when possible)
- 4 year BA/BS degree
We'd love to hear from you if you're inspired by Conductor's mission to be customer first and people first. Our team is pioneering, collaborative, and passionate about helping people together through meaningful content and marketing strategies. Conductor, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Back to top