Staff Engineer -Test Strategy, Automation, SRE, CICD
Conductor is growing our Engineering Team and we are looking for an experienced Staff Software Engineer with a focus on testing, tools and infrastructure. From the CEO down, Conductor is committed to making quality an integral part of its company brand. The CICD team is responsible for pushing our testing, continuous integration, delivery, and deployment solutions to the next level and needs your help to bring in fresh ideas and perspective. The successful candidate will help us evolve and improve our holistic testing strategy, and also collaborate with teams to design the architecture that powers individual features in our Enterprise SaaS application. Although Conductor is Headquartered in NYC, we are extremely flexible and open to remote employees within our Engineering team across the United States.
Our Engineering Values
- Collaboration: We believe that engineers do their best work when working together in cohesive teams.
- Excellence: We believe in doing things the "right way" rather than the "fast way", and holding ourselves to a high standard of excellence.
- Growth: We believe engineers do their best work when they are constantly growing, learning, and changing.
- Communication: We believe in combining empathy with openness and honesty to set clear expectations and hold each other accountable.
- Impact: We believe we're making the world a better place by empowering marketers to really help their customers rather than just sell stuff.
What You'll Do
- Drive alignment and improvement of technical strategy across all vertical features and horizontal layers of the stack
- Ensure that our solutions are designed and implemented to address relevant architectural concerns (e.g. extensibility, maintainability, scalability, reliability, etc.)
- Regularly assess the health of architecture and systems. Advocate for upgrades, maintenance, and improvements. Help to communicate the value of that work to non-technical stakeholders.
- Contribute code and tests to team projects as needed, and occasionally take on solo projects to lay foundations for better architecture
- Proactively create, refine, communicate, and evangelize our technical vision
- Be an integral part of our cross-functional “Architecture Council”
- Participate in high-level product brainstorming and roadmap planning as a technical consultant
- Build consensus and buy-in for our technical strategy across the department
- Ensure quality, availability, reliability and performance of massive scale data processing SaaS environment
Who You Are:
- 8+ years of software development experience
- Working knowledge of Test Driven Development and software testing best practices
- Proficient in Java. Experience with other programming languages (Scala, Python, etc.) is a plus
- Experience setting up and building continuous integration and deployment solutions (Jenkins, TeamCity, Spinnaker, etc.)
- Experience using Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, SQS, etc.)
- Experience with modern containerization and orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Familiarity with building and releasing software in an agile development environment
- Familiarity with automated testing frameworks a plus (Selenium, Cucumber, Pact, Cypress, etc.)
- Experience architecting and developing solutions to ambiguous problems with significant impact
- Ability to effectively work and influence within a dynamic cross-cultural environment
- Experience mentoring and supporting peers and engineering teams
Why You Should Join
At Conductor, we are looking for engaged and passionate engineers that can raise the bar. There is a tremendous opportunity here to have immediate impact in the day-to-day and affect the company's success and growth. We all share in the same values and push each other to meet these standards.
We are made up of a diverse group of people from all backgrounds and include a team of exceptional engineers in Kyiv as well. Wherever you are from, you will find a common ground here for continuing to push forward your career and make a difference in this industry.
We'd love to hear from you if you're inspired by Conductor's mission to be customer first and people first. Our team is pioneering, collaborative, and passionate about helping people together through meaningful content and marketing strategies. Conductor, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Conductor Searchlight helps marketers create and optimize content to improve visibility online. The technology generates customer intent insights that lead to compelling content, increased traffic, and higher organic marketing ROI. Customizable dashboards and workflows guide marketers through the content creation process, empowering them to measure, refine, and demonstrate the effectiveness of their SEO and content marketing efforts.
In addition Conductor offers a suite of services and support including site audits, site migrations, and managed services that empower in-house marketing teams and digital marketing agencies to drive results and put their customers' needs first.
Conductor's forward-thinking customers include global and emerging enterprise brands like Citibank, Salesforce, ClassPass, and WeWork.
Back to top