Senior Software Engineer (Java, Distributed Systems, Hadoop, Cassandra)
Conductor is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer adept at designing data access architectures, scaling out applications to support thousands of concurrent users, and building highly efficient ad-hoc data computation pipelines.
Conductor's Searchlight is a multi-tenant SaaS Java application built using Backbone, Java, Spring, and ReactiveX, all on MySql and a Thrift-based service oriented architecture. It is highly available, distributed, and powerful – and it's poised for rapid growth. Every part of it is evolving quickly as Conductor's market expands, and it takes solid engineering talent to capture the full potential.
The right candidate has prior experience working on a Java based, multi-tenant, distributed web application, and has participated in designing a highly available product serving customers all around the globe. In this role, you will be:
- Working with a scrum team developing new functionality for our customers
- Designing and evolving core data access and analysis components
- Evaluating and applying new technologies and methodologies to stay ahead of the market
- Promoting best practices and mentoring other engineers on server side development
- Prior experience working on a Java based, multi-tenant, server side web application
- Advanced understanding of Java, Spring, MySQL, Hibernate, Thrift, Tomcat, and AWS technologies like EC2 and S3
- Comfortable evaluating and working with NoSQL tools like HBase, Cassandra, Redis, or Couchbase
- Experience with unit testing, code reviews, design documents, and continuous deployment
- Comfortable working in an agile 2-week scrum environment
- Able to work daily in our office in New York City
Conductor is the world's leading organic marketing company. Our content intelligence platform, Conductor Searchlight, generates customer intent insights that lead to compelling content, increased traffic, and higher organic marketing ROI.
Conductor's technology enables marketers to understand their prospective customers' intent by revealing the trends and topics they are searching for at every phase of purchase process. Customizable dashboards and workflows guide marketers through the content creation process, empowering them to continuously measure, refine, and demonstrate the effectiveness of their SEO and content marketing efforts. Conductor's forward-thinking customers include global brands like Citibank and FedEx, emerging leaders like Birchbox and JustFab, and leading agencies like iProspect and Acronym.
Conductor was ranked #38 by Inc. Magazine in its Fastest Growing Private Companies list, and has been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in America for six years running.
Meet Some of Conductor's Employees
Account Director, Enterprise Sales
Chase develops new businesses by working with external marketers to understand their business goals and challenges. Then she prescribes solutions using Conductor’s platform to aid those enterprises.
Back to top