Systems Engineer - DevOps Process Operations
Job Description Summary..Job Description
comScore is a leading internet technology company that measures what people do as they navigate the digital world and turns that information into insights and actions for our clients to maximize the value of their digital investments. The Product Operations team is responsible for supporting the data collection, aggregation and processing environments needed for comScore to deliver data to clients on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. We collect and process 65 Billion records on a daily basis which are used to run up to 100,000 jobs daily. These processes run in Hadoop, Greenplum and Windows environments on over 1000+ servers. Our team ensures that the environments are healthy and processes are running as expected by monitoring dashboards and alerts and taking action to resolve problems as quickly as possible.
The Product Operations team is hiring a Systems Engineer to help with environment support, application support, and process automation in both Linux and Windows environments. This position involves support and development of software deployment processes to Hadoop and AWS environments. This position will also assist with Linux server maintenance and supporting multiple Hadoop clusters.
Problem solving will consume a large portion of your time, as you will assist multiple teams with resolving issues on a daily basis. This role will have a heavy component of "process operations" and best practices development involved. Your technical and analytical skills will be challenged and will increase over time as you become the point of contact for production processing.
What You'll Do In This Role:
- Work with development and operations team to improve current software release processes
- Provide first line support for Hadoop environment issues
- Work to automate manual jobs using proprietary software tools
- Linux server troubleshooting and maintenance
- Troubleshoot and escalate issues across multiple teams on priority basis until they are resolved
- Communicate impact of major issues including the root cause
- Execute custom requests and ad hoc jobs in a timely manner and validate the results
- Assist with process improvement and documentation
Desired Personal Skills:
- Attention to detail, and a strong sense of process-orientation in your work
- Ability to follow complex and detailed instructions
- Sense of action and assertiveness to resolve issues
- Desire for learning new technologies
- Strong data analysis and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
What You'll Need:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong Linux command line proficiency
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language (preferably Python)
- Knowledge of Jenkins, Puppet and other deployment tools
- Experience in production environment support
- Experience with AWS or Hadoop is an added bonus
About comScore: comScore, Inc. (OTC: SCOR) is a leading cross-platform measurement company that precisely measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere.
comScore completed its merger with Rentrak Corporation in January 2016, to create the new model for a dynamic, cross-platform world. Built on precision and innovation, our unmatched data footprint combines proprietary digital, TV and movie intelligence with vast demographic details to quantify consumers' multiscreen behavior at massive scale. This approach helps media companies monetize their complete audiences and allows marketers to reach these audiences more effectively. With more than 3,200 clients and global footprint in more than 75 countries, comScore is delivering the future of measurement. For more information on comScore, please visit comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of comScore's Employees
Christina acts in a client-facing capacity, prospecting for new businesses while strengthening current relationships, focused on satisfying clients with new solutions to enhance their business.
Back to top