Job Description Summary
JOB TITLE: GENERAL LEDGER STAFF ACCOUNTANT
LOCATION: RESTON, VA
REPORTS TO: ACCOUNTING SUPERVISOR
The GL Accountant will report to the Accounting Supervisor and will work closely with the General Ledger team. To be successful in this role, you must have strong knowledge of GAAP and the ability to operate effectively in a rapidly scaling, dynamic environment. You should have the ability to interact effectively with cross functional teams, including FP&A, Sales, Sales Operations, Billing Team, and Legal. We are looking for someone who has excellent problem solving skills and enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment to support our continued success and growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in month end close activities
- Bank reconciliation
- Fixed asset creation & disposals
- Inter-company transactions
- Reviewing of all transactions to assure accounting treatment is in accordance with GAAP.
- Reviewing general ledger accounts and making all necessary journal entries including posting monthly, quarterly and yearly accruals.
- Analysis and review of company expenditures, confirming proper allocation of expenses to the various departments, and reporting to the various departments as necessary.
- Preparing financial statements including balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position, as well as assisting Planning with budget variance analysis.
- Review of financial statements and supporting documentation to ensure compliance with GAAP and company policies and procedures.
- Providing necessary support for external auditors.
- Seeking ways to improve upon accounting processes and procedures.
- Assisting with and handling special projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting; CPA required.
- 2-4 years in accounting or auditing; public accounting experience preferred.
- International accounting experience a plus.
- Team player with a positive attitude towards contributing and learning.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Self starter, quick learner, and ability to multi-task on a regular basis.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills and deadline driven.
- Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong sense of ownership on issues and following through to completion.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with advanced accounting systems (Microsoft AX, etc. a plus)
About comScore: comScore, Inc. (OTC: SCOR) is a leading cross-platform measurement company that precisely measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere.
comScore completed its merger with Rentrak Corporation in January 2016, to create the new model for a dynamic, cross-platform world. Built on precision and innovation, our unmatched data footprint combines proprietary digital, TV and movie intelligence with vast demographic details to quantify consumers' multiscreen behavior at massive scale. This approach helps media companies monetize their complete audiences and allows marketers to reach these audiences more effectively. With more than 3,200 clients and global footprint in more than 75 countries, comScore is delivering the future of measurement. For more information on comScore, please visit comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Req ID: 19974
Meet Some of comScore's Employees
Ian works to create rich custom data analytics for comScore clients across a variety of verticals, each with unique needs—providing Ian with plenty of complex challenges.
Back to top