Sr. Network Engineer
Job Title: Sr. Network Engineer
Location: Reston, VA
ComScore is looking to hire a Senior Network Engineer to join our cutting edge BIG data company mission. This role will be responsible for data center build outs, architectural design and will work with Cisco's latest and greatest technologies.
Support and maintain Cisco Nexus, Palo Alto FW, Juniper SRX, SourceFire and VM Ware environment.
What You'll Do In This Role:
- Install, support and maintain hardware and software infrastructure according to industry best practices, including routers, switches, vm ware, ids and firewalls.
- Perform network (data, vm ware and security) design and integration.
- Diagnose problems and solve issues, often under time constraints.
- Provide network and host based security, incident response, firewall and VPN management and administration.
- Assist in the development of guidelines and procedures for administration and security best practices.
- Provide network documentation.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Monitor network usage, anticipate problems solutions and suggestion.
- Manage projects and maintenance tasks in (ticketing system).
- Work closely with colleagues to meet team project timeline.
- Expert knowledge in Cisco Nexus 2000, 5000, 7000 and 9000 configuration.
- Expert knowledge in Cisco Nexus technologies of vPC, VDC and 10G technologies
- Expert knowledge Cisco 2900, 3700 and 4900 series switches
- Knowledge in SRX, Palo Alto and Cisco ASA firewall configuration.
- Knowledge in Snort IDS/IPS
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 network switching/routing
- First Hop Routing Protocols such as HSRP and VRRP
- Configure and troubleshoot dynamic routing protocols OSPF and BGP
- Occasionally candidate needs to work after hours and weekend for network maintenance, troubleshooting and project deadline.
What You'll Need In This Role:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical degree
- 5+ years of experience as a Network Engineer in a large multiple data centers environment
- Working knowledge of multi-area OSPF environments and BGP
- Experience supporting high performance networks using Cisco hardware
- Knowledge and experience with TCP/IP, Layer 2 and 3 switching, Cisco IOS and NX-OS
- Proven effective communications and interpersonal skills
About comScore: comScore is a leading cross-platform measurement company that measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere. Built on precision and innovation, comScore's data footprint combines proprietary digital, TV and movie intelligence with vast demographic details to quantify consumers' multiscreen behavior at massive scale. This approach helps media companies monetize their complete audiences and allows marketers to reach these audiences more effectively. With more than 3,200 clients and a global footprint in 70 countries, comScore is delivering the future of measurement. Shares of comScore stock are currently traded on the OTC Market (OTC:SCOR). For more information on comScore, please visit comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law
Sr. Network Engineer
Req ID: 21030
Meet Some of comScore's Employees
Ian works to create rich custom data analytics for comScore clients across a variety of verticals, each with unique needs—providing Ian with plenty of complex challenges.
Back to top