Software Engineer, Linear TV
Job Title: Software Engineer, Linear TV
Location: Portland, OR
Reports to: Manager, Software Engineer
The Software Engineer delivers solutions to internal and external customers. This includes the design, modification, development and implementation of software programming applications. Additionally, the Software Engineer may lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected, as well as an understanding of business needs and requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Modifies, writes and documents software programming applications.
- Consults with clients to gather information about program needs, objectives, functions, features and input and output requirements.
- Works with stakeholders to understand problem statements and suggest possible implementations.
- Demonstrates personal ownership and takes accountability for larger assigned tasks.
- Designs and codes screen layouts, graphical user interfaces, printed outputs and interfaces with other systems. Converts designs and specifications into computer code. Compiles code into programs and corrects errors detected in compile process. Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revises programs.
- Consults with client to prototype, refine, test and debug programs to meet needs.
- Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems or questions about programs.
- May train end users or technical support staff to use programs.
- Follows development best practices and standards.
- Bachelor's degree in a related area or at least 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Fluent in C++ and Perl.
- Experience working with large data sets utilizing SQL based databases.
- Experience with PostgreSQL experience is a plus.
- Experience with the Scala, Spark and the JVM is a plus.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures.
comScore (NASDAQ:SCOR) is a leading cross-platform measurement company that measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere. Built on precision and innovation, comScore's data footprint combines proprietary digital, TV and movie intelligence with vast demographic details to quantify consumers' multiscreen behavior at massive scale. This approach helps media companies monetize their complete audiences and allows marketers to reach these audiences more effectively. With more than 3,200 clients and a global footprint in 70 countries, comScore is delivering the future of measurement. For more information on comScore, please visit comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law
Software Engineer, Linear TV
Req ID: 21029
Meet Some of comScore's Employees
Ian works to create rich custom data analytics for comScore clients across a variety of verticals, each with unique needs—providing Ian with plenty of complex challenges.
Back to top