Software Engineer II
Job Title: Software Engineer II
Location: Portland, OR
Reports to: Principal Software Engineer
comScore has one of the world's most comprehensive consumer datasets. We analyze the behavior of millions of U.S. consumers, including online activity, television viewership, product purchases, and demographics. Our clients include national political campaigns, movie studios, television networks, manufacturers, advertising agencies, and anyone who wants to use our data and expertise to increase their marketing efficiency.
As a Software Engineer II on comScore's Analytical Solution team, you will work with clients and with comScore's data science and project management teams to find innovative answers to our clients' complex questions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write software to support custom solutions for clients
- Support, and help with training of, data science and project management teams
- Pull, validate, and analyze large datasets
- Assist with administration of server and database infrastructure
- Standardize and document any recurring tasks that can't be completely automated
- Fluent in Linux command line
- Fluent in SQL
- Fluent in Python, Perl, or similar scripting languages for developing Linux applications
- Excellent oral, written and computer communication skills with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Able to work closely in a collaborative role with other team members
- Able to manage day to day tasks while fielding interruptions
- Self-starter type of individual, willing to take on tasks and ask for help as needed
- Desired skills: Familiarity with R, Hadoop, and/or Postgres
comScore (NASDAQ:SCOR) is a leading cross-platform measurement company that measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere. Built on precision and innovation, comScore's data footprint combines proprietary digital, TV and movie intelligence with vast demographic details to quantify consumers' multiscreen behavior at massive scale. This approach helps media companies monetize their complete audiences and allows marketers to reach these audiences more effectively. With more than 3,200 clients and a global footprint in 70 countries, comScore is delivering the future of measurement. For more information on comScore, please visit comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law
Software Engineer II
Req ID: 20978
Meet Some of comScore's Employees
Ian works to create rich custom data analytics for comScore clients across a variety of verticals, each with unique needs—providing Ian with plenty of complex challenges.
Back to top