Software Engineer - Data Delivery
The Linear Data Feeds team has the mission critical responsibility for delivering comScore's television ratings metrics to clients at television networks, ad agencies and third party systems providers. Our numerous data feed products allow for the efficient delivery of large amounts of data for ingestion into widely used applications across the industry. As a member of this fast paced team you will have a big impact on the growth of the business and value we provide to clients.
Software Engineer - Data Delivery
Job Title: Software Engineer
Location: Portland, OR
Reports To: Manager, Software Engineering
The Linear Data Feeds team has the mission critical responsibility for delivering comScores television ratings metrics to clients at television networks, ad agencies and third party systems providers. Our numerous data feed products allow for the efficient delivery of large amounts of data for ingestion into widely used applications across the industry. As a member of this fast paced team you will have a big impact on the growth of the business and value we provide to clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Work within an agile team to develop and enhance data feed products.
- Develop customized deliveries and proof of concepts to help generate new business and product ideas.
- Increase scalability and maintainability of the software architecture to support growing demand.
- Recommend and implement creative solutions for improving response times for large data sets.
- Collaborate openly with stakeholders and clients to continuously improve the product and increase adoption.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related major
- Experience with Python and/or Perl and the ability to learn other scripting languages as business needs change.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Extra Credit for PostgreSQL experience.
About comScore: comScore, Inc. (OTC: SCOR) is a leading cross-platform measurement company that precisely measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere.
comScore completed its merger with Rentrak Corporation in January 2016, to create the new model for a dynamic, cross-platform world. Built on precision and innovation, our unmatched data footprint combines proprietary digital, TV and movie intelligence with vast demographic details to quantify consumers' multiscreen behavior at massive scale. This approach helps media companies monetize their complete audiences and allows marketers to reach these audiences more effectively. With more than 3,200 clients and global footprint in more than 75 countries, comScore is delivering the future of measurement. For more information on comScore, please visit comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of comScore's Employees
Christina acts in a client-facing capacity, prospecting for new businesses while strengthening current relationships, focused on satisfying clients with new solutions to enhance their business.
Back to top