Software Engineer - API
Job Description Summary
The Linear API team is responsible for building comScore�s next generation data delivery platform. Our API is a driver of business growth by providing access to comScore�s television ratings metrics for a broad range of clients and products. As a member of this small fast moving team you�ll have large impact on the evolution and adoption of the API as well as on the success of our business.
comScore is a leading Internet technology company that measures what people do as they navigate the digital world and turns that information into insights and actions for our clients to maximize the value of their digital investments. We are hiring a Software Engineer for our API team in our Portland, OR location.
The Linear API team is responsible for building comScore's next generation data delivery platform. Our API is a driver of business growth by providing access to comScore's television ratings metrics for a broad range of clients and products. As a member of this small fast moving team you'll have large impact on the evolution and adoption of the API as well as on the success of our business.
What will you do:
- Work within an agile team to develop new endpoints and enhancements to the comScore Linear Television API.
- Recommend and implement creative solutions for improving response times for large data sets.
- Increase scalability and maintainability to support rapid usage growth.
- Collaborate openly with stakeholders and clients to continuously improve the product and increase adoption.
What experience do you need to have:
- Experience in the design and development of web based APIs. We are currently utilizing JSON over HTTP(S) and are currently migrating our platform to AWS
- Our API is written in Scala, so experience with functional languages like Scala or Haskell is preferred. Python and/or Java is nice to have.
- Experience w/ Spark is nice to have.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) along with a track record of success delivering large software projects.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related major. Demonstrated knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures.
About comScore: comScore, Inc. (OTC: SCOR) is a leading cross-platform measurement company that precisely measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere.
comScore completed its merger with Rentrak Corporation in January 2016, to create the new model for a dynamic, cross-platform world. Built on precision and innovation, our unmatched data footprint combines proprietary digital, TV and movie intelligence with vast demographic details to quantify consumers' multiscreen behavior at massive scale. This approach helps media companies monetize their complete audiences and allows marketers to reach these audiences more effectively. With more than 3,200 clients and global footprint in more than 75 countries, comScore is delivering the future of measurement. For more information on comScore, please visit comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of comScore's Employees
Christina acts in a client-facing capacity, prospecting for new businesses while strengthening current relationships, focused on satisfying clients with new solutions to enhance their business.
Back to top