Software Engineer - API
Job Description Summary
The Linear API team is responsible for building comScore�s next generation data delivery platform. Our API is a driver of business growth by providing access to comScore�s television ratings metrics for a broad range of clients and products. As a member of this small fast moving team you�ll have large impact on the evolution and adoption of the API as well as on the success of our business.
comScore is a leading Internet technology company that measures what people do as they navigate the digital world and turns that information into insights and actions for our clients to maximize the value of their digital investments. We are hiring a Software Engineer for our API team in our Portland, OR location.
The Linear API team is responsible for building comScore's next generation data delivery platform. Our API is a driver of business growth by providing access to comScore's television ratings metrics for a broad range of clients and products. As a member of this small fast moving team you'll have large impact on the evolution and adoption of the API as well as on the success of our business.
What will you do:
- Work within an agile team to develop new endpoints and enhancements to the comScore Linear Television API.
- Recommend and implement creative solutions for improving response times for large data sets.
- Increase scalability and maintainability to support rapid usage growth.
- Collaborate openly with stakeholders and clients to continuously improve the product and increase adoption.
What experience do you need to have:
- Experience in the design and development of web based APIs. We are currently utilizing JSON over HTTP(S) and are currently migrating our platform to AWS
- Our API is written in Scala, so experience with functional languages like Scala or Haskell is preferred. Python and/or Java is nice to have.
- Experience w/ Spark is nice to have.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) along with a track record of success delivering large software projects.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related major. Demonstrated knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures.
About comScore: comScore, Inc. (OTC: SCOR) is a leading cross-platform measurement company that measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere.
comScore is a recognized global leader in cross-platform measurement of audiences, advertising and consumer behavior. Built on precision and innovation, comScore combines proprietary TV, digital and movie viewing data with vast demographic details to measure consumers' multiscreen behavior at scale. With more than 3,200 clients and a global footprint that spans more than 75 countries, comScore is delivering the future of media measurement.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Software Engineer - API
Req ID: 20422
Meet Some of comScore's Employees
Ian works to create rich custom data analytics for comScore clients across a variety of verticals, each with unique needs—providing Ian with plenty of complex challenges.
Back to top