Job Title: Software Engineer I (Front End)
Location: Portland, OR (Airport Office)
About This Role:
The Front-end Software Engineer works within a team and with multiple cross-functional teams to develop, support, and evolve a growing suite of customer facing web enabled applications in support of the motion picture industry. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected, as well as an understanding of business needs and requirements. Our clients include movie studios, television networks, manufacturers, advertising agencies, and anyone who wants to use our data and technical expertise to help derive new insights into their industry and gain a competitive advantage.
What You'll Do:
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Develop and maintain active unit and process test suite in parallel with code changes
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Demonstrates personal ownership and takes accountability for larger assigned tasks
- Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revises programs
- Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems or questions about programs
- Follows development best practices and standards
- Ability to define and improve development practices and policies
- Pair with other engineers where appropriate
- Ability to provide accurate estimates and impact of changes or enhancements
- Considerations include development approach to align with business target dates
- Ability to document and present framework improvements for use by department (brown-bag seminars).
- Understanding of end-to-end system modules and integration points
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 2+ years professional experience
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS per-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Experience in Java, Perl, Python, C# a plus
- Working knowledge of either back end data processing or front-end reporting and UI frameworks
- Solid understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Proficient with code versioning tools such as Git
At Comscore, we're pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we're united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you're motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we'd love to hear from you.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry's emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit Comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
Back to top