Senior Windows Administrator
Job Location: Reston, VA
Title: Senior Windows Administrator
About this Role:
Comscore is seeking a Senior Windows Administrator with 7-10 years of relevant experience to join its world-class Infrastructure Engineering team. The right candidate will provide essential support for Comscore critical infrastructure, utilities and core services. They will work with development and business assets throughout the company to gather requirements, provide advice, and assist in implementation of software services.
What You'll Do:
- Design and redesign of complex solutions and environments based on business needs
- Daily administration, documentation, and operation of Windows servers in a large enterprise environment
- Assist in integration and documentation of new applications and technologies
- Develop strategic and tactical solutions that allow the team to be successful in meeting goals and expectations
- Automate repeatable processes to streamline reporting, wellness checks, deployments, installs, and updates
- Work with application production support teams to identify, troubleshoot, and remediate issues, and schedule infrastructure change requests
- Identify risks in the environment and develop controls and tests for compliance and audit purposes
- Root cause analysis
- Third tier support
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field with 4-5 years of relevant experience, or 7-10 years of professional Windows Administration experience.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and make quick decisions
- Hands-on ability to maintain/upgrade existing systems and design/deploy new technologies while adhering to best practices and business level objectives
- Ability to work in a demanding 24/7 environment
- Have a strong work ethic, be self-motivated, and possess the ability to complete complex projects with minimal direction/supervision and aggressive implementation of technology
- Strong customer service, prioritization, and communication skills to enable collaboration with application teams, leadership staff, and support teams
- Ability to design with security in mind; Experience with certificates, Enterprise PKI
- Deep technical knowledge of Windows Server, Active Directory, Group Policy
- Expertise in deploying business critical applications and solutions
- Understanding of routers, load balancers, switches and related devices
- Experience with physical and virtualized servers, AWS/Azure a plus
- Microsoft Server 2008 R2 through Server 2016
- Scripting/Coding languages (PowerShell, Batch, Visual Basic, Visual C#)
- Enterprise system monitoring, log management and event analysis
- Enterprise security, patching, software, and OS deployment - SCCM or similar technologies
- Multi-Site datacenter operations
- Basic networking (VLANs, subnetting, high availability NIC configuration)
- Experience with web servers, databases, networks, new installations and migrations, and security scanning tools is required.
- Experience with RDP and Terminal Services
At Comscore, we're pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we're united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you're motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we'd love to hear from you.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry's emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit Comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
At this time, Comscore will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Senior Windows Administrator
Req ID: 21413
Back to top