Senior Tax Analyst
comScore, a leading technology company in the entertainment reporting industry is seeking a Senior Tax Analyst for their RESTON, VA location. Reporting to the Tax Manager, the Senior Tax Analyst will be part of a dynamic team responsible for global tax reporting and compliance. This highly visible role will require interaction with accounting, finance, legal and business operations teams allowing the individual to gain meaningful insight into a growing company. This role will include partnering with stakeholders in the external tax reporting process to ensure the company is meeting its deadlines timely and accurately. This role will also assist in the areas transfer pricing, tax controversy and tax technology enhancements. The ideal candidate for this position is one with a solid foundation of income tax concepts who is looking to broaden their skills in other areas of corporate taxation.
What You'll Do In This Role:
- Prepare U.S. Federal and state income/franchise tax returns, including the work papers to support the underlying calculations of taxable income and book/tax differences.
- Calculate and prepare U.S. federal and state quarterly estimated income tax payments and requests for extensions of time to file.
- Maintain the tax fixed asset system, calculate tax depreciation adjustments and reconcile any differences between book and tax basis.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual and quarterly income tax provision calculations in accordance with ASC 740 Accounting for Income Taxes.
- Assist in coordinating and preparing U.S. foreign information returns (e.g. Forms 5471) and other disclosure forms as required.
- Assist in coordinating and preparing various international income tax returns and estimated tax payments, including the work papers to support the underlying calculations.
- Reconcile the Company's income tax accounts on a monthly basis.
- Provide support for federal and state income/franchise tax audits, including responses to inquiries and tax notices.
- Maintain a tax compliance calendar for all income tax related filings.
- Perform research and analysis of technical tax issues.
- Work with tax and other finance personnel to update and maintain the tax department policy, procedures and controls.
- Participate in tax process optimization, develop and implement procedural changes and/or processes to improve tax function.
- Special projects as assigned.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited university. CPA and/or Master's Degree in Taxation a plus
- Minimum of 2-3 years of corporate income tax experience, preferably in a public accounting firm, with a proven knowledge of the following: Federal tax concepts applicable to corporations ASC 740 preparation and analysis US tax reporting for international operations
- Experience with tax research software and tax compliance software (specifically OneSource Income Tax and OneSource Tax Provision)
- Advanced understanding of Excel and proficiency in Word and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize workload
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Ability and desire to work effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
About comScore: comScore, Inc. (OTC: SCOR) is a leading cross-platform measurement company that precisely measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere.
comScore completed its merger with Rentrak Corporation in January 2016, to create the new model for a dynamic, cross-platform world. Built on precision and innovation, our unmatched data footprint combines proprietary digital, TV and movie intelligence with vast demographic details to quantify consumers' multiscreen behavior at massive scale. This approach helps media companies monetize their complete audiences and allows marketers to reach these audiences more effectively. With more than 3,200 clients and global footprint in more than 75 countries, comScore is delivering the future of measurement. For more information on comScore, please visit comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Senior Tax Analyst
Req ID: 20482
Meet Some of comScore's Employees
Ian works to create rich custom data analytics for comScore clients across a variety of verticals, each with unique needs—providing Ian with plenty of complex challenges.
Back to top