Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer on comScore's Analytical Solution team, you will work directly with data scientists and developers in our client organizations to develop new tools, systems and methodologies to enable advanced analytics on massive datasets. This is a development intensive role where you will be utilizing your technical skills to implement solutions to challenging problems that are not met by widely used technologies (ie, you will be writing more code and using fewer frameworks and platforms). Our clients include movie studios, television networks, manufacturers, advertising agencies, and anyone who wants to use our data and technical expertise to help derive new insights into their industry and gain a competitive advantage.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enhance our distributed datastore, compiler and query execution engine with new analytics and performance optimizations.
- Implement software to support distributed system infrastructure management in the cloud and in our datacenters.
- Port analytic tools to new operating systems and development environments.
- Write developer documentation for new features and tools.
- Interact with client developers to assist with training, feature planning and task prioritization
- Tech stack (you should be strong in a multiple areas and interested in learning the others):
- C / x86 assembly
About comScore: comScore, Inc. (OTC: SCOR) is a leading cross-platform measurement company that precisely measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere.
comScore completed its merger with Rentrak Corporation in January 2016, to create the new model for a dynamic, cross-platform world. Built on precision and innovation, our unmatched data footprint combines proprietary digital, TV and movie intelligence with vast demographic details to quantify consumers' multiscreen behavior at massive scale. This approach helps media companies monetize their complete audiences and allows marketers to reach these audiences more effectively. With more than 3,200 clients and global footprint in more than 75 countries, comScore is delivering the future of measurement. For more information on comScore, please visit comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Senior Software Engineer
Req ID: 20100
Meet Some of comScore's Employees
Ian works to create rich custom data analytics for comScore clients across a variety of verticals, each with unique needs—providing Ian with plenty of complex challenges.
Back to top