Senior Software Engineer
The Senior Software Engineer delivers solutions to internal and external customers. This includes the design, modification, development and implementation of software programming applications. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected, as well as an understanding of business needs and requirements. We collect and process 60+ billion events each day, have 10s of petabytes online and each month our processes read nearly an exabyte. We use this capability to provide our clients with deep insights that no other company can match. Data Engineering is the team responsible for managing this vast dataset. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the advertising project of data engineering team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working together as a part of cross-functional Agile team to create and enhance software to meet advertising product requirements
- Development of distributed computing big data applications using Scala, Java, Python, Pig on big data frameworks such as Hadoop and Spark on Yarn. Candidates do not need to know how to use all of these technologies; however, Java and Hadoop MapReduce is a must.
- Leveraging techniques and Practices like Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, Build Automation, and Test Driven Development to enable rapid delivery of working code utilizing tools like Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Artifactory, BitBucket
- Take ownership from design, to development, to automation, to maintenance, and support, of the assigned module from the whole processing pipeline
- Work closely with engineering team, and data analytics team, to collaborate and work towards bettering the product development
- Performing unit tests and conducting reviews with other team members to make sure your code is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for performance
- Consults with analytics and stats team, to prototype, refine, test and debug programs to meet needs.
- 2+ Years of experience developing Java Based software solutions
- Experience with Hadoop stack MapReduce, Pig
- Experience designing, developing, and building data pipelines, ETL solutions, and storage of data
EDUCATION and/or Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a related area as well as 5 or more years of experience or at least 3-4 years of experience in the field of data engineering
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures
- Experience with large scale data analysis application development on Hadoop, and Spark frameworks, using Java, and Scala
- Experience with CI/CD Test Automations, Build Automations, and Test-Driven Development.
- Python experience is a big plus
- Experience with working with large data sets utilizing SQL based databases, and Postgres is a plus
About Comscore: Comscore is a leading cross-platform measurement company that measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere. Built on precision and innovation, Comscore's data footprint combines proprietary digital, TV and movie intelligence with vast demographic details to quantify consumers' multiscreen behavior at massive scale. This approach helps media companies monetize their complete audiences and allows marketers to reach these audiences more effectively. With more than 3,200 clients and a global footprint in 70 countries, Comscore is delivering the future of measurement. Shares of Comscore stock are currently traded on the OTC Market (OTC:SCOR). For more information on Comscore, please visit Comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law
Senior Software Engineer
Req ID: 21347
Back to top