Senior Software Engineer - (C++ & C#)
comScore is looking for a C++ developer to work on the data collections team, which supports the ingest and processing of billions of records everyday as well as the development of internal workflow and automation tools that assist with our data flow. We're currently moving a great deal of work to the cloud (AWS), so you'll have unparalleled access to work on infrastructure, tools and utilities related to this migration.
What You'll Do:
- Develop high performance applications to efficiently process very large data sets
- Help us to migrate existing internal applications to Amazon AWS
- Work with Amazon services including EC2, SQS, S3
- Support and maintain legacy applications, to include bug fixes, new features, and performance enhancements
- Work closely with other internal teams to define requirements and deal with issues
- Develop workflow applications and internal tools that manage tens of thousands of jobs everyday
- Research and evaluate new technologies, and solve technical issues related to these
- Design distributed applications and troubleshoot related production issues
Skills You'll Have:
- 4-6 years programming experience with C++ and ideally C# or Java related to internal application development
- Basic knowledge of SQL (joins, queries, basic functions) and a strong affinity for working with data
- Full-cycle software development experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working as part of a team as well as self-motivated enough to define and complete tasks on your own
- Strong problem solving skills with a can-do attitude
Additional Helpful Experience:
- Prior Amazon Web Services experience a plus
- Prior Hadoop development experience a plus
- Prior programming experience with C#, Java, Python, or Go
- High-volume, scaleable, robust systems experience a plus
- Experience with distributed databases such as Greenplum a plus
About comScore: comScore, Inc. (OTC: SCOR) is a leading cross-platform measurement company that precisely measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere.
comScore completed its merger with Rentrak Corporation in January 2016, to create the new model for a dynamic, cross-platform world. Built on precision and innovation, our unmatched data footprint combines proprietary digital, TV and movie intelligence with vast demographic details to quantify consumers' multiscreen behavior at massive scale. This approach helps media companies monetize their complete audiences and allows marketers to reach these audiences more effectively. With more than 3,200 clients and global footprint in more than 75 countries, comScore is delivering the future of measurement. For more information on comScore, please visit comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of comScore's Employees
Christina acts in a client-facing capacity, prospecting for new businesses while strengthening current relationships, focused on satisfying clients with new solutions to enhance their business.
Back to top