Senior Software Engineer
comScore is looking for people who love to code. We need people who want to sink their teeth into an issue to understand it and push the limits on what is possible. The Internet is a dynamic environment and we constantly need new solutions for problems that no one has ever considered before.
This job is primarily design and development on a client based OS X application using C++. We dig deep into the OS, network protocols, and other applications to understand how they work so we can find the ultimate solution. Creativity and innovation are required. We are looking for mid-level engineers who never want to stop honing their skills since stagnation is death.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in the design and development of new components
- Develop components that will run on millions of computers
- Develop enhancements to current solutions
- Research OS X, application and network protocol internals
- Participate in research and evaluation of new related technologies
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 3 years of experience developing client applications in a Mac environment
- At least 3 years of experience developing software in C++ in a UNIX environment
- Experience developing in C++ and Objective-C in an OS X environment is preferred
- Knowledge of TCP/IP including HTTP/HTTPS
- Experience with reverse engineering software
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analysis skills
- Having SQL knowledge is a plus
About comScore: comScore is a leading cross-platform measurement company that measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere. Built on precision and innovation, comScore's data footprint combines proprietary digital, TV and movie intelligence with vast demographic details to quantify consumers' multiscreen behavior at massive scale. This approach helps media companies monetize their complete audiences and allows marketers to reach these audiences more effectively. With more than 3,200 clients and a global footprint in 70 countries, comScore is delivering the future of measurement. Shares of comScore stock are currently traded on the OTC Market (OTC:SCOR). For more information on comScore, please visit comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law
Senior Software Engineer
Req ID: 20947
Meet Some of comScore's Employees
Ian works to create rich custom data analytics for comScore clients across a variety of verticals, each with unique needs—providing Ian with plenty of complex challenges.
Back to top