Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Job Title: Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: Portland, OR
About This Role:
The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer will conduct thorough product testing and maintain agreed upon quality standards to provide the highest quality software products to both external and internal customers. The Senior QA Engineer will work to understand the business requirements and objectives relative to the desired functionality of products and applications. Additionally, this role will evaluate and test new or modified software to determine that software meets user requirements and established quality standards and may provide mentoring or guidance to less experienced peers. This Quality Assurance Engineer will be embedded within Software Engineering, and leverage creative and effective solutions.
What You'll Do:
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle, including analyzing requirements, developing test plans, test cases, and execution of test scripts
- Writes and executes detailed test cases; performs complex manual, integration, and regression tests
- Documents software issues and enhancement requests and assists development with concise and detailed steps for duplication of the problems found while performing manual functional, integration, and regression tests
- Determines when additional initiative is required to meet scheduled work and undertakes it
- Verifies resolved JIRA issues and maintains accurate status for JIRA issues entered and assigned
- Assists fellow team members and customers with problem reporting and resolution and maintaining appropriate follow-up communications throughout the resolution process
- Responsible for QA estimation and scheduling process
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience/knowledge desired
- 3+ years of experience in Quality Assurance required
- Experience with Selenium Web Driver desired
- Knowledge and experience writing SQL queries
- Exposure to programming/scripting languages such as Python, C#, Ruby etc desired
- Knowledge and experience with API validation testing (using JSON) is highly desired
- Knowledge and experience using Linux/Unix command line highly desired
- Knowledge and experience using version control software desired
- Knowledge of or experience in the TV, Radio, Digital or Print ratings business desired
- Knowledge and experience with large data sets (big data) across multiple products desired
- Experience with issue reporting and tracking tools such as JIRA desired
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Desire and ability to learn new skills and improve upon current skills
- Must be able to work independently and complete projects with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills, with both technical and non-technical team members
At Comscore, we're pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we're united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you're motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we'd love to hear from you.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry's emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit Comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
At this time, Comscore will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Req ID: 20856
Back to top