Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Job Title: Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: Portland OR
Director, Quality Assurance
The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer will conduct thorough product testing and maintain agreed upon quality standards in order to provide the highest quality software products to both external and internal customers. The Senior QA Engineer will work to understand the business requirements and objectives relative to the desired functionality of products and applications. Additionally this role will evaluate and test new or modified software to determine that software meets user requirements and established quality standards and may provide mentoring or guidance to less experienced peers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle, including analyzing requirements, developing test plans, test cases, and execution of test scripts
- Writes and executes detailed test cases; performs complex manual, integration, and regression tests
- Documents software issues and enhancement requests and assists development with concise and detailed steps for duplication of the problems found while performing manual functional, integration, and regression tests
- Determines when additional initiative is required to meet scheduled work and undertakes it
- Verifies resolved JIRA issues and maintains accurate status for JIRA issues entered and assigned
- Assists fellow team members and customers with problem reporting and resolution and maintaining appropriate follow-up communications throughout the resolution process
- Responsible for QA estimation and scheduling process
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Desire and ability to learn new skills and improve upon current skills
- Ability to comprehend complexity, to fully understand a product with all its business and technological implications in order to become a subject matter expert, and to approach the improvement of its quality from that perspective
- Good computer skills, including but not limited to: knowledge of multiple software programs (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, JIRA, etc.), operating systems, web browsers, basic networking skills, and basic hardware knowledge
- High degree of efficiency and motivation in work habits in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Committed to meeting testing deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and complete projects with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills, with both technical and non-technical team members
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience/knowledge desired
- 3+ years of experience in Quality Assurance required
- Knowledge and experience with Web Services testing required
- Knowledge and experience with API validation testing (using JSON) required
- Knowledge and experience writing SQL queries highly desired
- Knowledge and experience using Linux/Unix command line highly desired
- Knowledge and experience using version control software desired
- Knowledge of or experience in the TV, Radio, Digital or Print ratings business desired
- Knowledge and experience with large data sets (big data) across multiple products desired
- Experience with issue reporting and tracking tools such as JIRA desired
About comScore: comScore, Inc. (OTC: SCOR) is a leading cross-platform measurement company that precisely measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere.
comScore completed its merger with Rentrak Corporation in January 2016, to create the new model for a dynamic, cross-platform world. Built on precision and innovation, our unmatched data footprint combines proprietary digital, TV and movie intelligence with vast demographic details to quantify consumers' multiscreen behavior at massive scale. This approach helps media companies monetize their complete audiences and allows marketers to reach these audiences more effectively. With more than 3,200 clients and global footprint in more than 75 countries, comScore is delivering the future of measurement. For more information on comScore, please visit comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of comScore's Employees
Christina acts in a client-facing capacity, prospecting for new businesses while strengthening current relationships, focused on satisfying clients with new solutions to enhance their business.
Back to top