Senior DevOps Engineer
comScore is seeking a Linux systems engineer to join its world-class Open Source Engineering team within IT Operations. The right candidate will provide essential support for comScores critical internal infrastructure, utilities and core services. They will ensure various services and technologies including data collection, enterprise monitoring, MySQL, DNS, domains, and SSL certificates continue to function, deliver, and optimally perform 24/7.
As we'll be moving toward a hybrid cloud/virtual environment, and experience in VMWare and/or AWS is really a great addition to what we're looking for.
What You'll Do In This Role:
- Perform day-to-day system administration duties on Linux servers across comScore's environments, supporting business-critical systems
- Respond to and resolve incident tickets and monitoring alerts
- Automate common procedures used to resolve incidents and monitoring alerts
- Standardize and document common procedures that cant be easily automated for hand-off to other resources or teams for execution
- Participate in rotating 24x7 on call schedule of production systems
What You'll Need In This Role:
- Fluent in Perl or similar scripting languages for developing Linux applications
- Fluent in the Linux command line and adept with system administrative tasks on a Redhat Linux platform
- Experience in Puppet configuration management is preferred
- Experience collaborating and managing source code with Git
- Excellent oral, written and computer communication skills with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Able to work closely in a collaborative role with other team members
- Able to manage day to day tasks while fielding interruptions
- Self-starter type of individual, willing to take on tasks and ask for help as needed
- Familiarity with Hadoop and MySQL is preferred, as well as PostGRES
- Understanding of basic networking and common internet protocols is preferred
About comScore: comScore, Inc. (OTC: SCOR) is a leading cross-platform measurement company that precisely measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere.
comScore completed its merger with Rentrak Corporation in January 2016, to create the new model for a dynamic, cross-platform world. Built on precision and innovation, our unmatched data footprint combines proprietary digital, TV and movie intelligence with vast demographic details to quantify consumers' multiscreen behavior at massive scale. This approach helps media companies monetize their complete audiences and allows marketers to reach these audiences more effectively. With more than 3,200 clients and global footprint in more than 75 countries, comScore is delivering the future of measurement. For more information on comScore, please visit comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of comScore's Employees
Christina acts in a client-facing capacity, prospecting for new businesses while strengthening current relationships, focused on satisfying clients with new solutions to enhance their business.
Back to top