Senior Database Developer - SQL Server
comScore is seeking a technical, quality focused Senior Database Developer to provide support to join a team developing robust datamarts that fuel comScore's indsutry leading analytics products. This person will work alongside other If you are an individual that is able to work closely in a collaborative role with other team members, as well as complete tasks individually as assigned, you'll fit in nicely with us.
This is a unique opportunity to work alongside talented, innovative engineers solving the unique challenges of transforming over 2 Trillion monthly media interactions into insightful products. Your work will be used by the world's most prominent Internet and consumer brands to understand consumer behavior and influence their global marketing, media and business strategies.
- Advanced knowledge of T-SQL, including transactions, (begin..try, merge, common table expressions, ROW_NUMBER/OVER, bulk insert, filtering and covering indexes, computed columns)
- Experience working with database architecture and schema for very large databases (think Terabytes!) and very large tables (think Gigabytes)
- Partitioned Tables/Indexes (Switching/Merging/Splitting)
- Performance tuning/code debugging
- Hierarchical datasets
- Building and maintaining SSIS packages
- Building and maintaining SSAS cubes
- Building and maintaining production SQL jobs
- Building and maintaining SQL reports using SSRS
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (or above) database development experience
- Excellent statistical analysis skills, ability to research and analyze various different types of data information, and to effectively manage the delivery of that data
- A passion for, and unyielding pursuit of good, clean and standardized code
- Ability to make accurate level of effort (LOE) estimates
- Ability to make decisions under pressure
- Effective communicators with the ability to maintain honest and open communication at all times with individuals at all levels internally
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours (if necessary) to accomplish business objectives
- Knowledge of replication (transactional) and clustering
- Experience with Agile development, software and web development technologies (e.g. C#, ASP.NET) is desired
- Experience with building and maintaining SSAS cubes preferred, but not necessary
comScore, Inc. (OTC: SCOR) is the cross-platform measurement company that precisely measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere.
comScore completed its merger with Rentrak Corporation in January 2016, to create the new model for a dynamic, cross-platform world. Built on precision and innovation, our unmatched data footprint combines proprietary digital, TV and movie intelligence with vast demographic details to quantify consumers' multiscreen behavior at massive scale. This approach helps media companies monetize their complete audiences and allows marketers to reach these audiences more effectively. With more than 3,200 clients and global footprint in more than 75 countries, comScore is delivering the future of measurement. For more information on comScore, please visit www.comScore.com
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of comScore's Employees
Christina acts in a client-facing capacity, prospecting for new businesses while strengthening current relationships, focused on satisfying clients with new solutions to enhance their business.
Back to top