Senior Data Engineer (Core Java)
Job Description Summary..Job Description
comScore is a data company. We collect and process 60+ billion events each day, have 10s of petabytes online and each month our processes read nearly an exabyte. We use this capability to provide our clients with deep insights that no other company can match. Data Engineering is the team responsible for managing this vast dataset. We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team.
What You'll Do In This Role:
- Build data processing pipelines that handle 100+ terabyte datasets
- Help the team automate as much as we can, so that we can stay focused on writing code
- Assist with troubleshooting and quickly resolving issues
- Work with Analysts and Data Scientists to design and implement new methodology
What You'll Need:
- 4-6 years of professional programming experience
- You have a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- You write good code and take pride in that fact regardless of which language you are currently using
- You have a strong affinity towards working with data
- You enjoy working as a member of team and consider feedback a learning opportunity
- You are comfortable in an environment that values quickly providing our customers with solutions
- You have an innate drive to grow and develop
The following are considered a plus:
- You treat performance as a feature not an afterthought
- You have experience writing analytical queries that run on MPP databases
- You are comfortable reading query execution plans
- You can describe multiple MapReduce join strategies and their tradeoffs
Technologies we use:
- Core Java
- SQL (CTEs, window functions, UDFs, etc.)
- Previous experience in these technologies is not required. This is a great opportunity for someone looking for a new challenge.
- Hadoop – MapR, Apache Pig, Spark, HBase
- An internal framework for job scheduling and execution (similar to AirFlow)
About comScore: comScore, Inc. (OTC: SCOR) is a leading cross-platform measurement company that precisely measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere.
comScore completed its merger with Rentrak Corporation in January 2016, to create the new model for a dynamic, cross-platform world. Built on precision and innovation, our unmatched data footprint combines proprietary digital, TV and movie intelligence with vast demographic details to quantify consumers' multiscreen behavior at massive scale. This approach helps media companies monetize their complete audiences and allows marketers to reach these audiences more effectively. With more than 3,200 clients and global footprint in more than 75 countries, comScore is delivering the future of measurement. For more information on comScore, please visit comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of comScore's Employees
Christina acts in a client-facing capacity, prospecting for new businesses while strengthening current relationships, focused on satisfying clients with new solutions to enhance their business.
Back to top