Senior Analyst, Video Analytics
This role is for a dedicated individual proficient in data analysis, design, and development of audience measurement products, Multi-Platform Media products, and Custom Solutions. The work she/he produces will have direct impacts towards driving business strategies for prominent industry leaders. This person will analyze big data, diagnose potential issues, design process improvements, and collaborate across different functional teams. Self-motivation and strong communication skills are both must haves. You will need to be comfortable working in a fast paced environment with shifting priorities, vague requirements, and rapid iterations. You will need to be comfortable taking risks.
Problems we are solving:
What, where, and when do people watch video content? Which sites and platforms are changing the behavior of consumer video consumption? How and where is traditional TV viewing shifting towards internet connected devices? What is the total audience for publishers with fragmented content across TV, computer, and mobile?
About our team:
We are a small but powerful team of data junkies, analyzing over 20 TB of data each day to deliver product and research solutions to our clients. We use SQL, Hadoop, Python, and many other tools every day. We work with Product Management on what problems to solve and collaborate with Engineering and Stats teams to solve problems. We use tools like Slack and Trello to communicate effectively, and occasionally make fun of each other. We love to learn and love tackling hard problems.
What you will do:
- Develop methodology and create new products.
- Test new concepts and integrate into production process.
- Build custom solutions to meet market needs for audience measurement reporting.
- Participate in ongoing research and evaluation of new technologies.
- Exercise your experience in the development lifecycle through analysis, design, development, testing and deployment of this system.
- Collaborate with teams in Software Engineering, Operations, and Product Management to deliver timely and quality data.
- You will be the knowledge expert, delivering quality data to our clients.
- Bachelors degree in a quantitative subject such as Statistics, Engineering, Economics, Computer Science, etc.
- Experience in data analysis and problem solving with big data.
- Experience with SQL or knowledge of relational databases and methods for efficiently retrieving data.
- Ability to think creatively and solve complex problems.
- Ability to autonomously manage simultaneous projects in a fast paced business environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and computer communication skills with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- The nature of the teams dynamics will require an individual that is able to work closely in a collaborative role with other team members, as well as complete tasks individually as assigned.
- Hadoop or other comparable MapReduce experience.
- Ability to develop advanced solutions in Python.
- Experience with statistical software (ideally, R) or scientific computation software.
- Experience with panel data and/or Internet behavior data.
- Solid understanding of object oriented methodologies.
About comScore: comScore, Inc. (OTC: SCOR) is a leading cross-platform measurement company that precisely measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere.
comScore completed its merger with Rentrak Corporation in January 2016, to create the new model for a dynamic, cross-platform world. Built on precision and innovation, our unmatched data footprint combines proprietary digital, TV and movie intelligence with vast demographic details to quantify consumers' multiscreen behavior at massive scale. This approach helps media companies monetize their complete audiences and allows marketers to reach these audiences more effectively. With more than 3,200 clients and global footprint in more than 75 countries, comScore is delivering the future of measurement. For more information on comScore, please visit comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of comScore's Employees
Christina acts in a client-facing capacity, prospecting for new businesses while strengthening current relationships, focused on satisfying clients with new solutions to enhance their business.
Back to top