We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst role with experience analyzing large data sets focusing on data sampling and analysis. In this role, you will serve as a primary owner of the sampling and projection methodology for reporting comScore's panel data and will be a key point of contact for questions and issues that arise around data production – this means great visibility for you.
You'll be a key resource for production tasks, and will develop a thorough understanding of our sampling and weights generation process. This is not an engineering role, though some coding is needed from time to time. Rather, this role is going to utilize all of your analytical and data reporting experience. You will need to effectively communicate across internal teams in a positive and professional manner, as you will have access to people at high levels of the organization on a regular basis.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Support the comScore teams by providing in-depth knowledge of the weights process and field questions that arise about methodology or data.
- Investigate potential data issues found in comScore's syndicated reports and work efficiently with other internal departments to get problems resolved, propose solutions and implement future safeguards.
- Develop and implement new or improved processes for sample selection and projection.
- Will have a good understanding of the market, methodology, and technology that make up each of the products in the product suite. You'll be an internal expert on how we present projections and weights to clients.
- Proficiency in BASE SAS, specifically in the SAS macro environment. Reading and de-bugging SAS is more critical to us than pure coding in SAS.
- SQL query experience and proficiency with numbers/statistics. You should be well-versed in writing queries, joins, select statements and stored procedure development.
- Experience with Internet Market Research data or panel-based data would be preferred, but not necessary.
- Strong analytic skills that include analysis design/execution, data analysis and problem solving with large amounts of data.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative subject such as Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, etc.
- 3 - 5 years professional experience, preferably in a data analysis role.
- Ability to autonomously manage simultaneous projects.
About comScore: comScore, Inc. (OTC: SCOR) is a leading cross-platform measurement company that precisely measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere.
comScore completed its merger with Rentrak Corporation in January 2016, to create the new model for a dynamic, cross-platform world. Built on precision and innovation, our unmatched data footprint combines proprietary digital, TV and movie intelligence with vast demographic details to quantify consumers' multiscreen behavior at massive scale. This approach helps media companies monetize their complete audiences and allows marketers to reach these audiences more effectively. With more than 3,200 clients and global footprint in more than 75 countries, comScore is delivering the future of measurement. For more information on comScore, please visit comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of comScore's Employees
Christina acts in a client-facing capacity, prospecting for new businesses while strengthening current relationships, focused on satisfying clients with new solutions to enhance their business.
Back to top