Senior Accountant, External Reporting and Technica...
- Reston, VA
Job Title: Senior Accountant, External Reporting and Technical Accounting
Location: Reston, VA
About this Role:
Reporting to the Senior Manager, the Senior Accountant will prepare the Companys SEC filings and assisting with the preparation of technical accounting memos through detailed research of accounting guidance and the application of the guidance to the specific facts and circumstances of the Companys transactions.
This individual will be part of a dynamic reporting and policy team involved with both technical accounting and SEC reporting responsibilities. This individual must have excellent organizational and communication skills and thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires the effective prioritization of many competing tasks and responsibilities.
What You'll Do:
- Prepare and review supporting documentation of the Companys external SEC financial filings including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K and the annual Proxy Statement
- Prepare and review the consolidated financial statements and related footnotes for inclusion in the financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and SEC Regulations
- Prepare required schedules to support the quarterly reviews and annual audit with the Companys external auditors
- Assist with the preparation of the Companys earning press release
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly deliverables for the Disclosure and Audit Committees
- Preparation of ad hoc financial analysis
- Document financial accounting and reporting policies
- Research accounting literature and apply technical standards and analysis to complex or non-recurring transactions
- Assist with documentation of technical accounting memos, detailing facts, circumstances, and accounting treatment of complex accounting transactions
- Preparation of quarterly technical accounting updates
What You'll Need:
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field of study
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Functional knowledge of Regulations S-X, S-K and US GAAP rules
- CPA certification preferred
- Big 4 Public Accounting or other national accounting firm experience preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be highly effective in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel; Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
- Workiva experience a plus
At Comscore, we're pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we're united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you're motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we'd love to hear from you.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry's emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit Comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
Senior Accountant, External Reporting and Technical Accounting
Back to top