Senior Accountant, External Reporting and Technica...
- Reston, VA
Job Title: Senior Accountant, External Reporting and Technical Accounting
Location: Reston, VA
About This Role:
This high-profile role will require interaction with the revenue team, legal, sales, sales operations, and product allowing the individual to gain meaningful insight into a growing Company. This role will include partnering with the respective business personnel and other stakeholders in several business cycles to understand the Companys products and develop policies, evaluate and influence the structure of significant contracts, and analyze and conclude on the technical accounting issues.
What You:'ll Do:
- Support the assessment and implementation of new accounting standards
- Assist in the preparation of technical memorandum for ad-hoc accounting issues pertaining to revenue recognition, leases, debt, equity and other areas
- Support quarterly and annual financial reporting responsibilities with the SEC
- Support the external quarterly reviews and year-end audit
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in Accounting from an accredited university
- CPA preferred
- Minimum 2 years progressively responsible accounting experience
- Experience with a Big 4 accounting firm or other national accounting firm strongly preferred
- Proven ability and desire to work effectively, delivering accurate results under tight deadlines, in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, dynamic environment
- Experience with Workday ERP system a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
At Comscore, we're pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we're united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you're motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we'd love to hear from you.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry's emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit Comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
Senior Accountant, External Reporting and Technical Accounting
Back to top