JOB TITLE: SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
LOCATION: RESTON, VA
REPORTS TO: VP ACCOUNTING
The Senior Accountant is primary responsibility for supporting the monthly financial statement close process for our international subsidiaries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides support for internal and external audits and process improvement initiatives.
- Excellent problem solving skills and enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment to support our continued success and growth
- Responsible for the accounting related to various international locations, including, journal entries and reconciliations
- Interact with accountants in local jurisdictions as necessary to gain support for transactions or questions; ensure entries recorded at Corporate are communicated locally
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet and income statement analysis for international locations
- Preparation of reconciliation between local statutory trial balance to US GAAP trial balance; investigate and document differences as necessary
- Analyze the results of international subsidiaries for accuracy
- Research and reconcile high risk balance sheet accounts
- Support quarterly reviews, interim and year-end audit preparation, SOX 404 testing including working with external auditors
- Support statutory audits of international subsidiaries
- Participate in the enhancement of internal controls, process improvements, accounting policies, and procedures over international accounting operation
- Desire to drive with continuous improvement in the efficiency and effectiveness of the monthly close process
- Other responsibilities & projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university with Accounting or Finance emphasis
- 2-4 years of accounting experience CPA or CPA candidate
- Public accounting experience a plusStrong communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively across functional areas, geographic regions and cultures
- A proven ability to be decisive, resolve issues and deliver on commitments and deadlines
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a dynamic, high energy environment
- Detail oriented with excellent analytic and problem solving skills
- Prior experience international accounting experience preferable
- Experience working with NetSuite or Microsoft AX is a plus
- Experience working with spreadsheets is essential
About comScore: comScore, Inc. (OTC: SCOR) is a leading cross-platform measurement company that measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere.
comScore is a recognized global leader in cross-platform measurement of audiences, advertising and consumer behavior. Built on precision and innovation, comScore combines proprietary TV, digital and movie viewing data with vast demographic details to measure consumers' multiscreen behavior at scale. With more than 3,200 clients and a global footprint that spans more than 75 countries, comScore is delivering the future of media measurement.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Req ID: 20501
Meet Some of comScore's Employees
Ian works to create rich custom data analytics for comScore clients across a variety of verticals, each with unique needs—providing Ian with plenty of complex challenges.
Back to top