Job Description Summary..Job Description
comScore is a leading Internet technology company that measures what people do as they navigate TV, Movies and the digital world and turns that information into insights and actions for our clients to maximize the value of their digital investments. We have over 2,000 employees worldwide that help us keep this data flowing from a variety of sources.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant in Reston, VA to help with reconciliation and ledgers to help keep everything in order. The ideal candidate is passionate about payroll accounting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in month end close activities Reviewing of all transactions to assure accounting treatment is in accordance with GAAP.
- Reviewing general ledger accounts and making all necessary journal entries including posting monthly, quarterly and yearly accruals.
- Analysis and review of company expenditures, confirming proper allocation of expenses to the various departments, and reporting to the various departments as necessary.
- Review and preparation of reconciliations and provide supporting documentation.
- Providing necessary support for external auditors. Seeking ways to improve upon accounting processes and procedures.
- Assisting with and handling special projects as needed.
- Bachelors degree in accounting; CPA preferred.
- 7-9 years in accounting or auditing; public accounting experience preferred.
- International accounting experience a plus.
- Team player with a positive attitude towards contributing and learning.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in the areas of financial statement preparation, GAAP, SOX, and revenue recognition.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Self-starter, quick learner, and ability to multi-task on a regular basis.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills and deadline driven.
- Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong sense of ownership on issues and following through to completion.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
comScore, Inc. (OTC: SCOR) is a leading cross-platform measurement company that precisely measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere.
comScore completed its merger with Rentrak Corporation in January 2016, to create the new model for a dynamic, cross-platform world. Built on precision and innovation, our unmatched data footprint combines proprietary digital, TV and movie intelligence with vast demographic details to quantify consumers' multiscreen behavior at massive scale. This approach helps media companies monetize their complete audiences and allows marketers to reach these audiences more effectively. With more than 3,200 clients and global footprint in more than 75 countries, comScore is delivering the future of measurement. For more information on comScore, please visit www.comScore.com
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of comScore's Employees
Christina acts in a client-facing capacity, prospecting for new businesses while strengthening current relationships, focused on satisfying clients with new solutions to enhance their business.
Back to top