Revenue Staff Accountant
JOB TITLE: REVENUE STAFF ACCOUNTANT
LOCATION: RESTON, VA
REPORTS TO: SENIOR DIRECTOR, REVENUE ACCOUNTANT
Reporting to the Lead Senior Revenue Accountant, the Revenue Staff Accountant is responsible for processing contracts, billing, revenue recognition, monthly deferred revenue reconciliations and assisting with ad hoc accounting issues for comScore.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Revenue Staff Accountant will work with other key stakeholders within comScore to ensure that all contract-related activities are accounted for timely and accurately.
- The Revenue Staff Accountant will assist stream lining current processes and controls within Revenue Accounting.
- This role will work as an integral team member on a highly visible Revenue Accounting team.
- Enter contracts into the revenue accounting system in accordance with the US GAAP
- Perform deferred revenue and unbilled analysis and other reconciliations
- Interact with sales, sales operations, legal, and professional services
- Document and review of contracts to support compliance with applicable authoritative literature
- Prepare and assist in SOX documentation for Revenue Accounting
- Assist with month end financial close assignments as needed
- Assist with information gathering for external and internal audit requests
- Create and book Journal Entries in the general ledger system
- Other special projects as required
- One to three years of Accounting Experience
- CPA preferred but not required
- Excellent Communications Skills
- Good excel and Microsoft Suite skills
- Education: Bachelors Degree in Accounting
About comScore: comScore, Inc. (OTC: SCOR) is a leading cross-platform measurement company that precisely measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere.
comScore completed its merger with Rentrak Corporation in January 2016, to create the new model for a dynamic, cross-platform world. Built on precision and innovation, our unmatched data footprint combines proprietary digital, TV and movie intelligence with vast demographic details to quantify consumers' multiscreen behavior at massive scale. This approach helps media companies monetize their complete audiences and allows marketers to reach these audiences more effectively. With more than 3,200 clients and global footprint in more than 75 countries, comScore is delivering the future of measurement. For more information on comScore, please visit comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Revenue Staff Accountant
Req ID: 20521
Meet Some of comScore's Employees
Ian works to create rich custom data analytics for comScore clients across a variety of verticals, each with unique needs—providing Ian with plenty of complex challenges.
Back to top