Revenue Accountant II
Job Title: Revenue Accountant II
Location: Reston, VA
About This Role:
The Revenue Accountant will be part of the revenue accounting function for the company which spans from contract entry all the way to creating revenue journal entries and supporting audit requests. This role will work with other divisions such as legal, sales operations and billings within Comscore to ensure all contracts are properly captured and revenue is recognized appropriately. The Revenue Accountant must be able to ensure effective controls are in place for these processes and address any noted issues.
What You'll Do:
- Enter contracts and ensure correct billing and revenue recognition
- Identify potential revenue issues and communicate to management to ensure appropriate treatment
- Assist in ensuring controls are properly documented
- Assist in identifying and implementing improvements to the process
- Assist the rest of the Revenue Team with ad hoc projects
- Support the quarterly reviews and annual audit
- Assist with month end financial close assignments as needed
- Assist with information gathering for external and internal audit requests
What You'll Need:
- Bachelors degree, with emphasis in accounting
- CPA certification preferred
- A minimum of 4 years of accounting experience
- Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in all applications of the Microsoft Office suite
- Strong Microsoft Excel Skills
- Knowledge of revenue recognition, preferably ASC 605 and ASC 606, or aptitude to read accounting guidance and learn
At Comscore, we're pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we're united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you're motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we'd love to hear from you.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry's emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit Comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
Revenue Accountant II
Meet Some of Comscore's Employees
Alicia T.Senior Program Manager
Alicia acts as the liaison between developers, product managers, client groups, and executives in order to ensure that company and industry standards are always met.
Back to top